The Global Cosmetic Packaging Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 66.5 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of 4.3%.
Cosmetic Packaging is the covering for protecting the cosmetic product from external factors such as air, light, temperature fluctuations, moisture, dust, etc. Vast cosmetic product range creates demand for personalized packaging imparting decorative as well as a protective covering. Different cosmetic products for lip care, hari care, skincare and others have different packaging solutions. Availability of a wide range of jars, bottles, containers, tubes, etc., differing in size and shapes, which are made up of synthetic or bio-based materials for dispensing and storing the cosmetic products are referred to as primary packaging. Secondary packaging is used for protection of products enclosed in primary packaging. Whereas, tertiary packaging is mostly used for transportation and handling of the bulk cosmetic products. Most of the cosmetic products have eye-catching and attractive packaging options, equipped with additional functions for offering ease in application.
Cosmetic Packaging Market: Drivers & Opportunities
- Growing Cosmetic Industry
The cosmetic industry is continuously growing owing to limitless availability of pre-existing cosmetic products in combination with the emergence of innovative products. The industry is experiencing growth, which is an outcome of a gradual shift of consumer behavior towards enhancing personal aesthetics. An upsurge in demand for the men grooming products in the recent past is again pushing the makret growth uphill. Rise in disposable income, changing lifestyle, higher investment in enhancing visual appearance across all ages is fueling the growth of the cosmetic industry. Rise in awareness regarding beauty cosmetics along with increasing preference towards organic products, to boost higher benefits further promotes the growth of the cosmetic industry. Due to above-mentioned factors, the cosmetic industry is on rise, which in turn, is expected to drive the cosmetic packaging market.
- Emergence of Bio-based Cosmetic Packaging
The cosmetic packaging market is expected to experience strong growth in the forecast period owing to the advent of innovative yet bio-based packaging options to reduce the waste produced by cosmetic packaging. Plastic is one of the most used cosmetic packaging material, which significantly contributes in the plastic waste annually. The Zero-waste reports stated that over 120 billion units of packaging is generated by the cosmetic and personal care industry per year, out of which around 91% is never recycled. Out of this waste, around 80% is landfilled, whereas a very small percentage ( 12%) is incinerated. Owing to rising concerns regarding the harsh impact of plastic waste to the environment has led to emergence of sustainable and bio-based cosmetic packaging options. For instance, in October 2019, Cosmetic Manufacturer L’Oreal (France) introduced Paper-Based Cosmetic Tube.
Cosmetic Packaging Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on type: Bottles, Tubes, Roller Ball, Jar and Others
- Segmentation based on material: Glass, Metal, Plastic, and Others
- Segmentation based on application: Hair Care Products, Skin Care Products, Lip Care Products, Eye Care Products and Nail Care Products
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Cosmetic Packaging Market: Report Scope
The report on the cosmetic packaging market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Type, Material and Application
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Amcor plc (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Berry Global
- Sonoco Products Company
- HUHTAMAKI OYJ
- Gerresheimer AG
- AptarGroup, Inc.
- HCP Packaging
- SILGAN HOLDINGS INC.
- Graham Packaging Company
- Libo Cosmetics
- WestRock Company
- AREXIM Packaging
- KURARAY CO., LTD.
- Other Key Companies
Cosmetic packaging Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Cosmetic Packaging Market, by Type
- Roller Ball
Cosmetic Packaging Market, by Material
Cosmetic Packaging Market, by Application
- Hair Care Products
- Skin Care Products
- Lip Care Products
- Eye Care Products
- Nail Care Products
Cosmetic Packaging Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Cosmetic packaging Market Providers
- Cosmetic packaging Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Cosmetic packaging Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE COSMETIC PACKAGING MARKET STUDY