Connected Aircraft Market: Summary
The Global Connected Aircraft Market is estimated to reach USD 9.5 Billion by 2024 at a CAGR of 16.2%.
Connected aircraft can be defined as the aircraft which is connected with the rest of the world with help of internet irrespective of its location. Connected aircrafts give passengers promising inflight experience by enabling them to access to Wi-Fi services on flight, caters pilot with paperless operational activity and on-process information, and the cabin crew to enhance overall passenger on flight experience. Customized experience for passengers enhances brand loyalty and helps in achieving higher revenue. Also, with the help of connected aircrafts, crew becomes more efficient which further enhances customer satisfaction. Connected aircraft provides connectivity between cockpit and ground station giving on-process tracking data which helps in better operational functionality. Connected aircrafts are evolving and aviation giants are striving to accommodate with it as it helps in reduction in capital and enhanced overall revenues.
Connected Aircraft Market: Drivers & Restraints
- Growing Demand for Inflight Entertainment Services
Passengers in airlines expect high-speed Wi-Fi for video streaming, texting, replying to emails and to surf social media. Airlines are providing Wi-Fi offerings, news and sports updates periodically. Almost half of the total airline passengers are willing to pay for Wi-Fi based services and 72% prefer streaming videos over sleeping on long duration flights. Connected aircraft helps passenger to get capability of streaming high definition videos during flights on their own device, and helps in staying connected with the virtual world.
Thus, the growing demand for inflight entertainment services may contribute in the growth of the connected aircraft market, during the forecasted period.
- Growing Demand of Optimized Airline Processes
As there is connectivity within the aircraft the airline gets passengers preferences and feedback which helps to provide a better experience to the customer in the future. Flight crew gets access to the passenger profile and they give updates about the connecting flight and meal suggestions. Maintenance issues are reported to the on ground operational team during flight which results in timely maintenance service prior to the next scheduled departure. Connectivity helps airlines in tracking fuel consumption and engine performance, which helps airlines to strategize safety operations and overall cost cutting. As per estimation connected aircraft can save approximately USD 1 billion annually to aviation industry.
Thus, the growth In the optimized airline processes can contribute towards the overall growth of the connected aircraft market, during the forecast period.
As growing connected aircrafts delight passengers and helps airlines in efficient operations, online security issues are also increasing. Number of handheld devices which are connected with internet gives critical data to the stakeholders, and securing this data is important. Replacing radar based systems with global positioning system increases chances of cyber attacks. To overcome this challenge better monitoring systems are required which can relate all events with the data holistically and help in preventing potential attacks on the system. Also a risk management system is required to safeguard the airlines from the cyberattacks and provide smooth operational functioning.
Thus, cybersecurity issues can be challenging for the growth of the connected aircraft market, during the forecast period.
Connected Aircraft Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on component covers: Hardware, and Software
- Segmentation based on connectivity type covers: In-flight, and Ground-to-Aircraft
- Segmentation based on offerings covers: Data Management, Flight Support Services, Cabin Connectivity Services, Ground Handling Services, Maintenance Services, Satellite Communication System and
- Segmentation based on frequency band covers: Ka-band, Ku-band, and L-band
- Segmentation based on end user covers: Civil, Commercial and Military
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Connected Aircraft Market: Report Scope
The report on the connected aircraft market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2019-2024 (2019 estimated year, forecasted up to 2024)
Value (USD Million)
Component, Connectivity Type, Offerings, Frequency Band, End User and Region
Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, South Africa and North America
Key Companies Covered
- GOGO LLC. (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Thales Group
- Collins Aerospace
- Inmarsat Global Limited
- Cobham plc
- Kontron S&T AG
- Viasat, Inc.
- EUTELSAT COMMUNICATIONS SA
- Global Eagle Entertainment
- Other Key Companies
Connected Aircraft Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Connected aircraft Market, by Component
Connected aircraft Market, by Connectivity Type
Connected aircraft Market, by Offering
- Data Management
- Flight Support Services
- Cabin Connectivity Services
- Ground Handling Services
- Maintenance Services
- Satellite Communication System
Connected aircraft Market, by Frequency Band
Connected aircraft Market, by End User
Connected aircraft Market, by Region
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the major developments impacting the global market and its growth?
- What will be the effects of the developments in the global market on the industry and on the market players in the near and far future?
- What are the evolving types of the global market?
- What are the evolving applications of global market?
- What are the major characteristics that will affect the global market growth during the study period?
- Who are the key global players operating in the market?
- How are the major players leveraging in the existing global market conditions?
- Connected aircraft Market Providers
- Connected aircraft Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Connected Aircraft Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE CONNECTED AIRCRAFT MARKET STUDY
1.1 Research Objectives
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Research Scope
1.4 Regional Coverage
1.5 Research Timeline
2 RESEARCH DESIGN & SCOPE
2.2 Primary Research
2.2.1 Key Industry Expert Insight
2.3 Secondary Research
2.3.1 Vital Data from Secondary Sources
2.4 Market Size Estimation
2.5 Data Validation & Triangulation
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.2.1 Growing Demand for Inflight Entertainment Services
4.2.2 Growing Demand of Optimized Airline Processes
4.3.1. Strengthening Passenger Experience
4.4.1. Cybersecurity Issues
5 INDUSTRY TRENDS – PORTERS FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
5.1.1. Power of Buyers
5.1.2. Power of Suppliers
5.1.3. Intensity of Competition
5.1.4. Challenges of Substitutes
5.1.5. Challenges of New Entrants
5.2 Macro-Economic Indicators
6 GLOBAL CONNECTED AIRCRAFT MARKET BY COMPONENT, Market Size in USD Million (2017—2024)
7 GLOBAL CONNECTED AIRCRAFT MARKET BY CONNECTIVITY TYPE, Market Size in USD Million (2017—2024)
8 GLOBAL CONNECTED AIRCRAFT MARKET BY OFFERINGS, Market Size in USD Million (2017—2024)
8.2 Data Management
8.3 Flight Support Services
8.4 Cabin Connectivity Services
8.5 Ground Handling Services
8.6 Maintenance Services
8.7 Satellite Communication System
9 GLOBAL CONNECTED AIRCRAFT MARKET BY FREQUENCY BAND, Market Size in USD Million (2017—2024)
10 GLOBAL CONNECTED AIRCRAFT MARKET BY END USER, Market Size in USD Million (2017—2024)
11 GLOBAL CONNECTED AIRCRAFT MARKET BY REGION, Market Size in USD Million (2017—2024)
11.1 North America
11.2.6 Rest of Europe
11.3.4 South Korea
11.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
11.4 Middle East and Africa
11.4.1 Saudi Arabia
11.4.3 Rest of Middle East and Africa
11.5 South America
11.5.3 Rest of South America
12 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
12.2 Market Ranking/Share Analysis of Key Companies
12.3 Company Benchmarking
13 COMPANY PROFILES
13.1 GOGO LLC.
13.1.1 Company Overview
13.1.2 Financial Overview
13.1.3 Products/Solutions/Services Offered
13.1.4 Key Developments
13.1.5 SWOT Analysis
13.2 Honeywell International Inc.
13.3 Thales Group
13.4 Collins Aerospace
13.5 Inmarsat Global Limited
13.6 Cobham plc
13.7 Kontron S&T AG
13.8 Viasat, Inc.
13.9 EUTELSAT COMMUNICATIONS SA
13.10 Global Eagle Entertainment
13.11 Other Key Companies
14.1 Key Industry Expert Insights
14.2 Primary Discussion Guide
14.3 Customization Options
Note1: Tentative table of contents, may get updated during the course of research.
Note2: Company financial information is subject to availability in public domain
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE STUDY