COMPUTATIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY MARKET: SUMMARY
The Global Computational Photography Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 42.7 Billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 20.6%.
Computational photography is defined as the process in which computer processing techniques are used in a camera to produce an enhanced picture. This technology improves the quality of the captured picture by lessening blur, enhancing color, contrast and range of light, with help of image processing algorithms. Cameras enabled with computational photography captures multiple images simultaneously and then process it into one single shot in real-time. Capturing multiple images reduces noise in the picture this produces an image with enhanced quality.
COMPUTATIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY MARKET: DRIVERS & CHALLENGES
- Increasing Demand for Computational Photography in Smartphones
The feature of good quality camera in a smartphone has become a mandatory requirement of the end users. The smartphone manufacturers are trying to incorporate computational photography in the cameras to meet the growing demand of the customers. For instance, in 2019 Google launched Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL which has computational photography feature. Also, key players of the smartphone manufacturing industry such as Apple and SAMSUNG are also constantly conducting research and development to incorporate feature of computational photography in their respective devices.
Thus, increasing demand for computational photography in smartphones may contribute to the growth of the market, during the forecast period.
- Technological Shift towards Sharing Images and Videos on Social Media Platform
The paradigm shifts towards sharing images and videos on various social media platforms is being observed in past few years. Platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat observe transfer of images and videos on very large scale regularly. Social media platforms are also used by the marketers to reach audience, and posting images improves customer retention. In addition, social media photography is another dimension explored by the photographers, as on social media they have authority to manage the audience.
Thus, technological shift towards sharing images and videos on social media platform may contribute to the growth of the market, during the forecast period.
One of the major challenge in the development of computational photography is the heating of sensors. The sensors are small in size chip with heating characteristics similar to a transistor. As the sensors involved in the device are in use constantly the resistance in the chip keeps on increasing which becomes the cause of heat generation. While capturing multiple shots in the device do not get enough time to release generated heat and function properly, thus leading to heating issue in the device and reducing life span of the device.
Thus, heating issues in the sensors may hinder the growth of the computational photography market, during the forecast period.
COMPUTATIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY MARKET: KEY SEGMENTS
- Segmentation based on component covers: Hardware and Software
- Segmentation based on device covers: Smartphone, Standalone Camera, and Machine Vision Camera
- Segmentation based on application covers: Three Dimensional Imaging, Feature Detection, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East & Africa with individual country-level analysis.
COMPUTATIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY MARKET: REPORT SCOPE
The report on the computational photography market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Component, Device, Application, and Region
North America, South America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa
KEY COMPANIES COVERED
- Adobe (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Google LLC
- Apple Inc.
- NVIDIA Corporation
- Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
- Sony Corporation
- Other Key Companies
- Leica Camera AG
- ALMALENCE INC.
- XPERI CORPORATION
COMPUTATIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY MARKET: REPORT SEGMENTATION
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Computational Photography Market, by Component
Computational Photography Market, by Device
- Standalone Camera
- Machine Vision Camera
Computational Photography Market, by Application
- Three Dimensional Imaging
- Augmented Reality
- Virtual Reality
Computational Photography Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED BY THE REPORT
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Computational Photography Market Providers
- Computational Photography Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Computational Photography Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE COMPUTATIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY MARKET STUDY