COATED FABRICS MARKET: Summary
The Global Coated Fabrics Market is expected to register a CAGR of 3.3%, reaching a value of around USD 32.2 billion by the end of 2027.
Coated fabrics are defined as the fabrics that have been coated, covered, or treated with various substances to make them stronger, durable, resistant to weathering elements, and aesthetics. Coatings substances include lacquer, varnish, rubber, plastics, resins, oil finishes, etc.
A range of the characteristics can be achieved through coated fabrics, including UV resistance, improved tensile strength, chemical and abrasion resistance, heat resistance, gas barrier, gas permeability, water repellency, etc. This depends on the type and degree of coating used.
COATED FABRICS MARKET: Drivers & RESTRAINTs
- Rapid Industrialization and Urbanization Across the Globe
Rapid industrialization in emerging economies, mainly the BRICS countries is a key driver of the global coated fabrics market. These are the growth-centric countries with huge potential for infrastructural development and thus fuel the global market growth. Fabrics are widely used in scaffolding nets, awnings and canopies, tarpaulins, architectural membranes, and roofing materials. Coated fabrics prevent the building from UV rays, corrosion, dirt, oil repellency, and radiation.
According to PWC, the global construction industry is projected to reach USD 15.5 trillion by the end of 2030. China, the US, and India are the leading countries and account for around 57% in the global market.
Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) and Ethylene tetrafluoroethylene (ETFE) are the most preferable materials used in architecture. PTFE-coated fabrics are used as membranes for advanced architectural tension structures, which offer advantages such as chemical stability, mechanical properties, and durability over conventional low cost coated fabrics. PTFE has a life span of over 25 years and is manufactured in line with standards such as ASTM E-108 and E-84.
Simultaneously, ETFE is yet another construction material gaining popularity as it is strong, thin and lightweight and exhibits stretch-ability and elasticity. It is expected to last as long as 50 years.
Additionally, coated fabrics are used in geotextiles, further used in roadways, parking lots, loading areas and construction sites, horticulture, and many more.
Therefore, infrastructural development across the globe is projected to propel the market growth during the assessment period.
- Growing Demand for Coated Fabrics in the Transportation Industry
In automobiles, coated fabrics are extensively used in seat upholstery, airbags, seat belt, truck tarpaulin & covers, boat seating, boat topping, rafts, and kayaks. Rising demand for comfort, concern for safety while driving and an increasing focus towards reducing fuel consumption and CO2 emissions have resulted in high use of coated textiles in automobiles. The airbag and seat belts used as safety measures are one of the latest types of textiles in automobiles.
Approximately 50 square yards of textile material is used in an average car for interior trim, i.e., seating areas headliners, side panels, carpets and trunk, lining, tires, filters, belts hoses, airbags, and others.
The demand is supported by the high production and sales of automobiles across the globe. Total automotive production stood at 95.6 million in 2018.
Thus, the growth of the transportation industry is projected to drive the demand for coated fabrics.
- Availability of Substitutes and Fluctuating Prices of Petroleum Products
Availability of substitutes such as uncoated fabric, glass, plastics, multilayer, enhanced membranes, and leather, among others is expected to hamper the market growth during the review period. These substitutes exhibit similar characteristics and performance and can be used instead of coated fabrics.
Polymers such as PTFE, ETFE, polyester polyolefin, vinyl, etc. are used for the coating of fabrics. These are petroleum-based products, the prices of which, environmental constraints, as well as supply-demand gap, have a negative influence on the market growth.
Therefore, aforementioned factors are expected to restrain the market growth during the forecast period.
- Use of Nanomaterials in The Coating of Fabrics
Use of nanotechnology to achieve desirable clothing characteristics such as self-cleaning fabrics, water-repelling textiles, and clothing that can reduce odors by chemically changing the compounds that cause bad odor, among others, is an excellent opportunity for the players in this market. Nanomaterials such as titanium dioxide, silicon dioxide, and zinc oxide, etc. can be added to the textiles either during the fiber production or during the finishing.
Adding nanomaterials to the textiles result in enhanced functionalities such as antimicrobial, flame retardant properties, photocatalytic, dirt-repellent, others.
Hence, incorporation of nanoparticles in textiles, offering a wide range of advantages, is a lucrative opportunity for the players in this market.
Coated Fabrics market: Key segments
- Segmentation based on product: Polymer-Coated Fabrics, Rubber-Coated, and Fabric-backed Wall Coverings.
- Segmentation based on coating method: Direct Coating, Foam & Crushed Foam Coating, Hot Melt Extrusion Coating, Transfer Coating, Calendar Coating, and Others.
- Segmentation based on end-use industry: Architecture & Construction, Automotive, Aerospace, Agriculture, Medical, Sports & Leisure, Packaging, and Others.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Coated Fabrics MARKET: Report SCOPE
The report on the coated fabrics market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million), Volume (Million Sq. Meter)
Product, Coating Method, and End-use Industry
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South Africa
KEY Companies Covered
- Saint-Gobain (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Trelleborg Group
- OMNOVA Solutions Inc.
- Sioen Industries NV
- Continental AG
- Low & Bonar
- Spradling International, Inc.
- OMNOVA Solutions Inc.
- Cooley Group Holdings, Inc
- The Haartz Corporation
- Heytex Gruppe
- ENDUTEX COATED TECHNICAL TEXTILES
- Dickson Constant
- Seaman Corporation
- Mid-Mountain Materials, Inc.
Coated Fabrics MARKET: report segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Coated Fabrics Market, by Product
- Polymer-Coated Fabrics
- PVC Coated
- PTFE Coated
- THV Coated
- Silicone Coated
- PU Coated
- PE Coated
- Vinyl Coated
- Fabric-backed Wall Coverings
Coated Fabrics Market, by Coating Method
- Direct Coating
- Foam & Crushed Foam Coating
- Hot Melt Extrusion Coating
- Transfer Coating
- Calender Coating
Coated Fabrics Market, by End-use Industries
- Architecture & Construction
- Sports & Leisure
Coated Fabrics Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Coated Fabrics Market Providers
- Coated Fabrics Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Coated Fabrics Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE COATED FABRICS MARKET STUDY