Cloud Gaming Market: Summary
The Global Cloud Gaming Market is estimated to reach USD 4.3 Billion by 2025 at a CAGR of 52.4%, observes forencis research (FSR).
Cloud gaming is defined as a type of game that exists on a company server instead of computer or device of the gamer. To join these game, gamer has to install the client program which have access to the server where the games are running. The input action of the users is sent through the network to the server and the device receives streaming video. In cloud gaming all the heavy lifting is done in the cloud itself which eliminates the requirement of powerful graphic hardware in the user devices. Basic leverage companies get in cloud gaming is that they can upgrade the games by neglecting capabilities of the user devices.
Cloud Gaming Market: Drivers & Challenges
- Adoption of 5G Technology
5G technology is penetrating the market at faster pace worldwide, this can be beneficial for the cloud gaming industry. 5G network provides high bandwidth and low latency, these aspects can transform conventional gaming industry drastically. Technology improves the quality of game, gives faster downloading speed, enhanced graphic quality, and smoother gaming experience.
Thus, adoption of 5G technology may contribute in the growth of the cloud gaming market, during the forecast period.
- Data Privacy and Security Issues
The major concern in cloud gaming is privacy and security issues. A loT of data is collected by the data centres, from web cookies, gamer location, and credit card information, which is vulnerable to theft. Hacking the account of the gamer is another possibility which could result into loss of virtual gaming currency and other virtual items purchased by the gamer. In addition, to this other possible threats are also there such as malware attack, phishing, amongst others.
Thus, data privacy and security issues can be challenging for the growth of the cloud gaming market, during the forecast period.
Cloud Gaming Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on offering covers: Infrastructure, Platform, and Solutions
- Segmentation based on deployment covers: Public Cloud, Private Cloud, and Hybrid Cloud
- Segmentation based on type covers: Video Streaming and File Streaming.
- Segmentation based on device type covers: Console, Mobile Device, Personal Computer and others.
- Segmentation based on end user covers: Casual Gamer, Hard-core Gamer, Avid Gamer and others.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East & Africa with individual country-level analysis.
Cloud Gaming Market: Report Scope
The report on the cloud gaming market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2025 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2025)
Value (USD Million)
Offering, Deployment, Type, Device Type, End User and Region
Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, South Africa and North America
Key Companies Covered
- NVIDIA Corporation (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Alphabet Inc.
- Alibaba Cloud
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Ubitus Inc.
- Tencent Holdings Ltd
- Zynga Inc.
- Other Key Companies
Cloud Gaming Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Cloud Gaming Market, by Offering
Cloud Gaming Market, by Deployment
- Public Cloud
- Private Cloud
- Hybrid Cloud
Cloud Gaming Market, by Type
- Video Streaming
- File Streaming
Cloud Gaming Market, by Device Type
- Mobile Device
- Personal Computer
Cloud Gaming Market, by End User
- Casual Gamer
- Hard-core Gamer
- Avid Gamer
Cloud Gaming Market, by Region
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the major developments impacting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the effects of the developments in the global market on the industry and on the market players in the near and far future?
- What are the evolving types of the global market?
- What are the evolving applications of global market?
- What are the major characteristics that will affect the global market growth during the study period?
- Who are the key global players operating in the market?
- How are the major players leveraging in the existing global market conditions?
- Cloud Gaming Market Providers
- Cloud Gaming Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Cloud Gaming Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE CLOUD GAMING MARKET STUDY
1.1 Research Objectives
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Research Scope
1.4 Regional Coverage
1.5 Research Timeline
2 RESEARCH DESIGN & SCOPE
2.2 Primary Research
2.2.1 Key Industry Expert Insight
2.3 Secondary Research
2.3.1 Vital Data from Secondary Sources
2.4 Market Size Estimation
2.5 Data Validation & Triangulation
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.2.1. Adoption of 5G Technology
4.3.1. Multiplayer Gaming
4.3.2. Cross-Platform Gaming
4.4.1. Data Privacy
5 INDUSTRY TRENDS – PORTERS FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
5.1.1. Power of Buyers
5.1.2. Power of Suppliers
5.1.3. Intensity of Competition
5.1.4. Challenges of Substitutes
5.1.5. Challenges of New Entrants
5.2 Macro-Economic Indicators
5.3 Value Chain Analysis
6 GLOBAL CLOUD GAMING MARKET BY OFFERING, Market Size in USD Million (2018—2025)
7 GLOBAL CLOUD GAMING MARKET BY DEPLOYMENT, Market Size in USD Million (2018—2025)
7.2 Public Cloud
7.3 Private Cloud
7.4 Hybrid Cloud
8 GLOBAL CLOUD GAMING MARKET BY TYPE, Market Size in USD Million (2018—2025)
8.2 Video Streaming
8.3 File Streaming
9 GLOBAL CLOUD GAMING MARKET BY DEVICE TYPE, Market Size in USD Million (2018—2025)
9.3 Mobile Device
9.4 Personal Computer
10 GLOBAL CLOUD GAMING MARKET BY END USER, Market Size in USD Million (2018—2025)
10.2 Casual Gamer
10.3 Hard-core Gamer
10.4 Avid Gamer
11 GLOBAL CLOUD GAMING MARKET BY REGION, Market Size in USD Million (2018—2025)
11.1 North America
11.2.5 Rest of Europe
11.3.4 South Korea
11.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
11.4 Middle East and Africa
11.4.1 Saudi Arabia
11.4.3 Rest of Middle East and Africa
11.5 South America
11.5.3 Rest of South America
12 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
12.2 Market Ranking/Share Analysis of Key Companies
12.3 Company Benchmarking
13 COMPANY PROFILES
13.1 NVIDIA Corporation
13.1.1 Company Overview
13.1.2 Financial Overview
13.1.3 Products/Solutions/Services Offered
13.1.4 Key Developments
13.1.5 SWOT Analysis
13.2 Alphabet Inc.
13.3 Alibaba Cloud
13.4 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
13.5 Microsoft Corporation
13.6 Ubitus Inc.
13.8 Tencent Holdings Ltd
13.9 Zynga Inc.
13.10 Other Key Companies
14.1 Key Industry Expert Insights
14.2 Primary Discussion Guide
14.3 Customization Options
Note1: Tentative table of contents, may get updated during the course of research.
Note2: Company financial information is subject to availability in public domain
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE STUDY