Cleanroom Technologies Market: Summary
The Global Cleanroom Technologies Market is projected to reach a value of USD 8.01 Billion by 2027 at a CAGR of 6.9%.
A cleanroom is the enclosed room or chamber designed in such a way for controlling or minimizing the contamination rate in the medical, pharmaceutical, and biotechnologies sectors among others. In healthcare, cleanroom technologies controls the contamination of the microbes, virus, and fungal particles among others through filtering air, disinfecting surfaces, medical devices, apparels, and consumables. The global cleanroom technologies market is experiencing strong growth owing to the upsurge of the medical device with an increase in drug development to treat medical conditions globally. Also, strict regulation imposed by the regulatory authorities for the construction and maintenance of the cleanroom to attain a more sterile environment fuels the growth of this market. On the flip side, the market is expected to hamper owing to the high cost associated with construction as well as maintenance of the cleanroom.
Cleanroom Technologies Market: Market Dynamics
- Increasing Drug Development
- Cleanroom technologies is used for maintaining a sterilized and microbe-free environment, which helps in the development of the pharmaceutical drugs used to cure a wide array of medical conditions
- The increasing aged population, changing eating habits, lack of active lifestyle with the outbreak of diseases, has significantly pushed the growth rate of the chronic medical conditions requiring drugs and treatment
- Due to this, a surge in drug development is observed. As per the IQVIA institute report, 18 new therapeutics were introduced for the 17 cancer indication in 2018, wherein 31% of the approved indication was for solid cancers
- In the same year, the US Food and Drug Administration approved 59 new drugs, a rise from 46 drug approval in the previous year
- Rapidly rising demand for newer and more efficient drug to combat the medical illness is promoting the drug development, which drives the demand for the cleanroom TECHNOLOGIES market
- Higher Need for Safety and Hygiene in The Healthcare Business
- Strict Regulation by FDA
- Soaring Medical Devices Demand
- High Cost of the Cleanroom Technologies
- Cleanroom technologies offers various advantages to the medical device manufactures, researchers, pharmaceutical companies, however, the drawback associated with the cleanroom technologies is the high cost associated with it
- The average cost of cleanroom technologies includes safety cabins, monitory rooms, filters, and other equipment, which may cost around USD 100 to USD 1500 per square depending upon the size
- The high cost of the maintenance of the cleanroom, results in the reduction in the breakdown chances, leading to the least disruption
- Due to this, the adoption rate of the cleanroom is hampered ultimately restraining the market growth
Cleanroom Technologies Market: Key Segments
The cleanroom technologies market is majorly segmented into product, cleanroom type, and end-user.
- On the basis of the product, the market is bifurcated into equipment and consumables. Equipment segment is further segmented into heating ventilation and air conditioning system (HVAC), cleanroom air filters, air shower and diffuser, laminar airflow unit, and others. The cleanroom air filters are again segmented into HEPA and ULPA. Consumable segment is further segmented into gloves, wipes, disinfectants, apparel, and cleaning products. The consumable segment dominated the product segment in 2019, owing to the growing usage of disposable gloves and suits for attaining the highest safety standards.
- On the basis of cleanroom type, the market is segmented into monobloc cleanrooms, hardwall cleanrooms, softwall cleanrooms, others.
- On the basis of end-user, the market has been segmented into hospitals & treatment facilities, medical device manufactures, pharmaceutical facilities, medical research institutes, and laboratories.
Cleanroom Technologies Market: Key Regions
On the basis of region, the market is divided into Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa. Americas accounted for the major market share owing to the presence of major pharma manufacturers with an increasing demand for advanced medical devices. An increase in the aged population with growing chronic disease incidence is driving the cleanroom technologies for the development of new drugs.
Cleanroom Technologies Market: Report Scope
The report on the Cleanroom technologies market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecast up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Product, Cleanroom Type, and End-user
Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Abtech, Inc. - Manufacturers of Modular Cleanrooms Buildings, Mezzanines, and Equipment (Company Overview, Financial Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis, & Key Strategy)
- Clean Air Products
- Exyte TECHNOLOGIES
- ICLEAN Technologies
- ITW Contamination Control BV
- Kimberly-Clark Worldwide, Inc
- Taikisha Ltd.
- Other Key Companies
Cleanroom Technologies Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Cleanroom Technologies Market, by Product
- Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning System (HVAC)
- Cleanroom Air Filters
- Air Shower and Diffuser
- Laminar Airflow Unit
- Cleaning Products
Cleanroom Technologies Market, by Cleanroom Type
- Monobloc Cleanrooms
- Hardwall Cleanrooms
- Softwall Cleanrooms
Cleanroom Technologies Market, by End-User
- Hospitals & Treatment Facilities
- Medical Device Manufactures
- Pharmaceutical Facilities
- Medical Research Institutes and Laboratories
Cleanroom Technologies Market, by Region
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Cleanroom TECHNOLOGIES Market Providers
- Cleanroom TECHNOLOGIES Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Cleanroom TECHNOLOGIES Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE CLEANROOM TECHNOLOGIES MARKET STUDY