Carbon Nanotubes Market: Summary
The Global Carbon Nanotubes Market is estimated to reach USD 19.4 Billion by 2027 at a CAGR of 17.5%, predicts forencis research (FSR).
Carbon nanotubes are cylindrical molecules that rolled up with the layers of carbon items. They can be single-walled or multi-wall structures with a diameter of 1nm and more than 100 nm respectively. Carbon nanotubes own high tensile strength which is approximately 100 times more than steel of the same diameter. The nanotubes also possess good electric as well as thermal conductivity. Carbon nanotubes are widely used in a variety of industrial applications such as electric & electronics, polymer, medicine, aerospace & defense, automotive, among others.
Carbon Nanotubes Market: Drivers & Restraints
- Increasing Demand Form End-Use Industry
Carbon Nanotubes found innumerable applications in different end-use industries such as medical, electric & electronics, chemical & plastics, Energy and so on. The nanotubes noted the applications such as high-strength composites, actuators, energy storage, and energy conversion devices, sensors & nanoprobes, catalysts, and electronic devices. Thus growth in various industries as resulted in increasing demand for carbon nanotubes is expected to boost market growth during the forecast period.
- Attractive Chemical and Physical Properties
Many of the superior properties of the carbon nanotubes are derive from the graphene. Due to the SP2 bond between each carbon item, they have higher tensile strength than steel and Kevlar. Moreover, carbon nanotubes have a superior elastic property and thermal property. The carbon nanotubes can withstand up to 1382 °F at normal pressure and 5072 °F in vacuum atmospheric pressures. Due to attractive properties carbon nanotubes, it founds the number of application in industries which is likely to boost the market during the forecast period.
The carbon nanotubes are manufactured by the number of methods. The manufacturing methods are depending on the purity of carbon, achievable space‐time yield, and amorphous carbon content. Among them, high space‐time yield can only be achieved by Chemical Vapour Deposition processes. CVD process as also used when fewer contents available of amorphous carbon, carbon purity is generally decreased due to catalyst residues. Moreover, the laser ablation methods and arc discharge method produces the gram scale and are, therefore, relatively expensive. Thus the high manufacturing cost of carbon nanotubes is expected to impede the market growth up to a certain extent.
Carbon Nanotubes Market: Key Segments
- Key Segments by Type Covers: Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes, Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes
- Key Segments by Synthesis Method Covers: Chemical Vapour Deposition, Arc Discharge Method, Laser Ablation Method, Nanotube Purification, and Others
- Key Segments by Fit Application: Electric & Electronics, Chemicals & Polymers, Energy, Medical, Aerospace & Defense, and Others
- Key Regions Covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Carbon Nanotubes Market: Report Scope
The report on the carbon nanotubes market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million) Volume (Ton)
Type, Synthesis Method, Application
Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and South America
KEY Companies Covered
- Arkema (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Cheap Tubes
- Nanocyl SA.
- SHOWA DENKO K.K.
- TORAY INDUSTRIES, INC.
- Arry International Group Limited
- Hanwha Group.
- Kompass International
- Carbon Solutions, Inc.
- Jiangsu Tiannai Technology Co., Ltd.
- Other Key Companies
Carbon Nanotubes Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Carbon Nanotubes Market, by Type
- Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes
- Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes
Carbon Nanotubes Market, by Synthesis Method
- Chemical Vapour Deposition
- Arc Discharge Method
- Laser Ablation Method
- Nanotube Purification
Carbon Nanotubes Market, by Application
- Electric & Electronics
- Chemicals & Polymers
- Aerospace & Defense
Carbon Nanotubes Market, by Region
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the emerging carbon nanotubes synthesis technologies impacting the growth of the global market?
- What would be the impact of the key developments in the global market on the industry and the market players in the upcoming future?
- What are the evolving types of the global market?
- What are the major characteristics that will affect the global market growth during the study period?
- Who are the prominent players operating the market?
- How are the major players leveraging in the existing global market conditions?
- Carbon Nanotubes Market Providers
- Carbon Nanotubes Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE CARBON NANOTUBES MARKET STUDY
1.1 Research Objectives
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Research Scope
1.4 Regional Coverage
1.5 Research Timeline
2 RESEARCH DESIGN & SCOPE
2.2 Primary Research
2.2.1 Key Industry Expert Insight
2.3 Secondary Research
2.3.1 Vital Data from Secondary Sources
2.4 Market Size Estimation
2.5 Data Validation & Triangulation
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.2.1. Increasing Demand from End Use Industry
4.2.2. Attractive Chemical and Physical Properties
4.3.1. High Manufacturing Cost
4.3.2. Toxic Effects Associated with The Production of Carbon Nanotubes
4.1.1. Increasing Focus on Innovative and Cost-Effective Nanotubes
4.1.1. Cost-Effective Mass Production
5 INDUSTRY TRENDS – PORTERS FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
5.1.1. Power of Buyers
5.1.2. Power of Suppliers
5.1.3. Intensity of Competition
5.1.4. Challenges of Substitutes
5.1.5. Challenges of New Entrants
5.2 Macro-Economic Indicators
6 CARBON NANOTUBES MARKET, BY TYPE, Market Size in USD Million and Ton (2019—2027)
6.2 Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes
6.3 Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes
7 CARBON NANOTUBES MARKET BY SYNTHESIS METHOD, Market Size in USD Million and Ton (2019—2027)
7.2 Chemical Vapour Deposition
7.3 Arc Discharge Method
7.4 Laser Ablation Method
7.5 Nanotube Purification
8 CARBON NANOTUBES MARKET BY APPLICATION, Market Size in USD Million and Ton (2019—2027)
8.2 Electric & Electronics
8.3 Chemicals & Polymers
8.6 Aerospace & Defense
9 CARBON NANOTUBES MARKET BY REGION, Market Size in USD Million and Ton (2019—2027)
9.1 North America
8.2.6. The Netherlands
8.2.7. Rest of Europe
8.3.4. South Korea
8.3.5. Rest of Asia-Pacific
9.4 Middle East & Africa
8.4.1. Saudi Arabia
8.4.3. Rest of Middle East & Africa
9.5 South America
8.5.3. Rest of South America
10 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
10.2 Market Ranking/Share Analysis of Key Companies
10.3 Company Benchmarking
11 COMPANY PROFILES
11.1.1 Company Overview
11.1.2 Financial Overview
11.1.3 Products/Solutions/Services Offered
11.1.4 Key Developments
11.1.5 SWOT Analysis
11.2 Cheap Tubes
11.3 Nanocyl SA.
11.4 SHOWA DENKO K.K.
11.5 TORAY INDUSTRIES, INC.
11.6 Arry International Group Limited
11.7 Hanwha Group.
11.8 Kompass International
11.9 Carbon Solutions, Inc.
11.10 Jiangsu Tiannai Technology Co., Ltd.
11.11 Other Key Companies
12.1 Key Industry Expert Insights
12.2 Primary Discussion Guide
12.3 Customization Options
Note1: Tentative table of contents, may get updated during the course of research.
Note2: Company financial information is subject to availability in public domain
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE STUDY