Cancer diagnostics Market: Summary
The Global Cancer Diagnostics Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 247.1 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of 7.2%.
Cancer is one of the complex and chronic medical condition accounting for huge share of the worldwide deaths. One single test is unable to accurately diagnose the cancer, requiring various test for appropriate diagnosis. Cancer diagnostics are the tests or procedures used for accurate diagnosis of the cancer through examination of the tissue, cell, blood or anybody fluid sample. Recognition of early signs of the cancer prevent its spread and is easier to treat, which provides better patient care experience with early recovery. Accurate and early diagnosis of the fatal diseases such as cancer, may reduce the mortality rate, disease proliferation and related cost of treatment, which favors the demand for oncology diagnostics.
cancer diagnostics Market: Drivers & Restraint
Cancer is one of the fatal disease with high incidence and mortality rate. As per the World Health Organization (WHO) revealed that incidence of cancer in 2018 globally rose to 18.1 million new cases accounting for death of 9.6 million people. This represents that incidence rate is 1 in 5 males with 1 in 6 female suffers from the cancer during their lifetime, accountable for death of 1 in 8 males and 1 in 11 women. With situation getting worse, the mortality and incidence rate of cancer is constantly increasing. Statistics by GLOBOCAN 2018 revealed that the annual mortality rate of the disease is expected to reach 30 million by 2030. In light of rising incidence, early detection of the diseases increases the chances of detecting symptomatic patients, further promoting successful cancer treatment.
- High Cancer Treatment Cost
Overall cancer treatment cost includes expenditure related to medicines, hospital and ED visits, diagnostics, and physician services. Diagnosis of cancer is relatively expensive owing to use of advanced technologies for accurate detection. With growing technology, cancer care is experiencing shift towards getting better care in combination with use of expensive technologies and scanners for appropriate diagnosis to improve survival rate hampers the market growth.
Cancer diagnostics Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on type: Radiological Diagnostics, Cytological Diagnostics, Histological Diagnostics, Heamatogical Diagnostics, Immunohistochemistry, Molecular Diagnostics and Tumor Marker
- Segmentation based on cancer type: Prostate Cancer, Brain Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Breast Cancer, Skin Cancer, Bladder Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Blood Cancer and Other Types of Cancer
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Cancer diagnostics Market: Report Scope
The report on the cancer diagnostics market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Type and Cancer Type
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Abbott (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY
- Hologic, Inc.
- Illumina, Inc.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Siemens Healthcare Private Limited
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Other Key Companies
Cancer diagnostics Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Cancer Diagnostics Market, by Type
- Radiological Diagnostics
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- CT Scan
- Cytological Diagnostics
- Histological Diagnostics
- Heamatogical Diagnostics
- Flow Cytometry
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Tumor Marker
Cancer Diagnostics Market, by Cancer Type
- Prostate Cancer
- Brain Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Blood Cancer
- Other Types of Cancer
Cancer Diagnostics Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Cancer diagnostics Market Providers
- Cancer diagnostics Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Cancer Diagnostics Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE CANCER DIAGNOSTICS MARKET STUDY