Bromine Market: Summary
The Global Bromine Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 4.4 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 4.7%.
Bromine is a naturally occurring element, found in sea, lakes, and underground well. It is the third largest halogen bearing element with atomic number 35. Bromine is widely used as a reactant and catalyst for manufacturing a variety of products, such as agrochemicals, biocides, water disinfectants, pharmaceuticals intermediates, dyes, completion fluids, flame retardants, and photographic chemicals. Dead-Sea is the richest resource of bromine with concentration of 10-12 gram per liter.
Bromine Market: Drivers & Challenges
- Increasing Demand for Flame Retardants
Brominated flame retardants comprise nearly 70 chemical substances with properties that make them ideal for washing machines, computers, radio and televisions. Rapid infrastructural development across the globe is expected to result in the number of construction activities. The use of flame retardants in the construction industry is essential to meet fire safety standards and codes. Moreover, many buildings are now equipped with foam insulation to make buildings more energy-efficient. This becomes vital as energy use in buildings accounts for more than 40% of CO2 emissions. These foams are also highly flammable which makes it important that insulation foams have sufficient flame retardancy. Thus, the bromine used in these foams as a flame retardant helps to slow down the combustion in case of fire accidents. EU countries are focused on the implementation of stringent fire safety regulations in the automotive, electronics, consumer goods, and textile industries. Thus, the increasing demand for flame retardants has expected to boost the global bromine market during forecasted period.
- Toxicological effects of brominated compounds
Brominated substance, such as flame retardant chemicals can find their way into the environment during manufacturing and can leak from products. These retardant chemicals are also released into the environment through e-waste or the uncontrolled burning and dismantling of electronic and electric waste. If exposed or inhaled, these may cause harmful effects in humans and animals such as the endocrine and thyroid disruption, reproductive toxicity, cancer, neurologic dysfunction, and adverse effects on fetal and child development.
Thus, hazardous health effects by inhalation and exposure of flame-retardant chemical is likely to hamper the market growth.
Bromine Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on derivatives: Organobromines, Clear Brine Fluid, Hydrogen Bromides, and Others.
- Segmentation based on application: Flame Retardants, Mercury Emission Control, Oil & Gas Drilling, BHR Flow Batteries, Water Treatment, Pesticides, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Bromine Market: Report Scope
The report on the bromine market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million) and Volume (Kiloton)
Derivatives, Application, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Israel Chemicals Ltd (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- ALbemarle Corporation
- Lanxess Corporation
- Tosoh Corporation
- Tetra Technologies, Inc.
- Gulf Resources Inc.
- Tata Chemicals Limited
- Hindustan Salts Limited
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Perekop Bromine
- Gojo Industries, Inc.
- Other Key Companies
Bromine Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Bromine Market, by Derivatives
- Clear Brine Fluid
- Hydrogen Bromides
Bromine Market, by Application
- Flame Retardants
- Mercury Emission Control
- Oil & Gas Drilling
- BHR Flow Batteries
- Water Treatment
Bromine Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Bromine Market Providers
- Bromine Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Bromine Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE BROMINE MARKET STUDY