Blister Packaging Market: Summary
The Global Blister Packaging Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 35.6 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 5.4%.
Blisters packaging also known as bubble packaging, a pre-formed plastic packaging used for small consumer goods, foods, and pharmaceuticals. Blister packaging eliminated the need for additional cartons, thereby reducing the cost of packaging. Design versatility, the freshness of product, dosage & serving size, visibility & accessibility, security, and customization are some of the benefits offered by the blister packaging. Additionally, blister packaging provides advantages such as protection of the product, product integrity, patient compliance, tamper-proof low possibility of accidental overdose, and others.
Blister Packaging Market: Drivers &restraint
- Increasing Demand from the Pharmaceutical Sector
Blister packaging has experienced increasing demand form pharmaceutical sectors which has anticipated to drive the growth of the market during the forecasted period. This has attributed to the advantages offered by these packaging such as enhanced durability, tamperproof, cost-effectiveness, improved shelf life, and lower risk of contaminations. Blister packs are uniquely suited to meet the stringent standards and high valued for protective properties and another packaging requirement of the pharmaceutical sector. Drugs packed using these packaging helps to improve the adherence as the consumer to keep track of their medications and dosage. Moreover, blister packaging protects medicines and product against physical damage, mechanical damage, biological contamination & degradation, counterfeiting or tampering, and external factor that can adversely affect or alter properties. Thus, the benefits coupled with advantages offered by blister packaging in the pharmaceutical sector has expected to drive the market growth during the forecasted period.
- Not Suitable for Packaging Heavy Items
The unsuitability of blister packaging for heavy items is limiting their widespread adoption. The protective properties of blister packaging are not so strong as the materials used in packaging such as Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) are a poor barrier against moisture and oxygen ingress. Moreover, these packagings are less flexible, not much heavier, and much more permeable to water vapour making it not suitable for heavy goods. Thus, the properties offered by the plastic materials are not sutable for packaging the heavy items used which may hamper the growth of the market during the forecasted period.
Blister Packaging Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on Process: Thermoforming, and Coldforming.
- Segmentation based on Type: Carded, Clamshell, and Others.
- Segmentation based on Raw Material: Plastics Films, Paper & Paperboard, Aluminum, and Others.
- Segmentation based on end-use: Pharmaceutical, Consumer Goods, and Others.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America with individual country-level analysis.
Blister Packaging Market: Report Scope
The report on the blister packaging market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Process, Type, Raw Material, End-use, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Amcor plc (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- WestRock Company
- Constantia Flexibles
- Sonoco Products Company
- Klöckner Pentaplast
- Pharma Packaging Solutions
- DISPLAY PACK
- Blisterpak, Inc.
- Powerpak Industries LLC
- Clearwater Packaging, Inc.
- Other Key Companies
Blister Packaging Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Blister Packaging Market, by Process
Blister Packaging Market, by Type
Blister Packaging Market, by Raw Material
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Solid Bleached Sulphate (SBS)
- White-lined Chipboard (WLC)
Blister Packaging Market, by End-use
- Consumer Goods
Blister Packaging Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Blister Packaging Market Providers
- Blister Packaging Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Blister Packaging Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE BLISTER PACKAGING MARKET STUDY