BIOSURFACTANTS MARKET: Summary
The Global Biosurfactants Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 6.9 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 4.7%.
Biosurfactants are referred to as the group of the amphiphilic surface active molecules, which possess excellent ability to emulsify and minimize the surface and interfacial tension. Biosurfactant are classified on the basis of their origin i.e. bacteria, actinomycetes, and fungi, which inherit the anti-adhesive properties. It has gained popularity as a wetting agent, foaming agent, and emulsifier across agriculture, food processing, pharmaceuticals, and cosmetics, among others application areas. Biosurfactant is extensively used owing to its excellent properties such biodegradability, low toxicity, better digestibility, and environmental compatibility.
BIOSURFACTANTS MARKET: Drivers & CHALLENGES
- Rise in Environmental Concerns
Surfactants are used across the globe for different purpose across commercial laundries and industrial operations. These molecules are often released into the natural water bodies through various manufacturing plants causing marine pollution. The toxicity of the surfactants results into the environmental degradation. With growing awareness towards reducing hazardous impact of the conventional surfactants is driving the demand for biodegradable alternative. The rising demand for eco-friendly alternatives over the chemical surfactants to minimize the environmental degradation is further fueling the biosurfactant market growth.
- Growing Demand from End-Use Industries
Surfactant are the surface active molecules widely used across the cosmetics, agriculture, food processing, soaps and detergents production and may other application areas. These are used in agriculture sector to maintain wettability and texture of soil. In pharmaceutical sector, Biosurfactants has gained higher popularity as antitumor, haemolytic, antifungal and antiviral agent for treating fatal and infectious diseases. Cosmetics and personal care products has Biosurfactants as key ingredient for cleansing, foaming, thickening, emulsifying agent with antimicrobial effects. With growing demand for agricultural produce owing to growing population coupled with higher demand for cosmetic products owing higher focus towards enhancing personal aesthetics is driving the demand for Biosurfactants.
Biosurfactants are obtained from the microbial source through biodegradation process. The microbes use the water-immiscible substrate for synthesis of the Biosurfactants. However, the large scale production requires high cost input owing to higher cost associated with the down streaming process in order to obtain Biosurfactants with minimal or no impurities. Due to this, the production cost of the Biosurfactants escalates and thus hampers its demand and overall market growth.
Biosurfactants market: Key segments
- By Type, the market is segmented into: Glycolipids, Phospholipids, Polymeric and Lipopeptides
- By Application, the market is segmented into: Soaps and Detergent, Agriculture, Pharmaceutical, Food Processing, Cosmetics and Others
- By Geography, the market is segmented into: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Biosurfactants MARKET: Report SCOPE
The report on the Biosurfactants market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million) Volume (Kiloton)
Type and Application
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South Africa
KEY Companies Covered
- Evonik Industries (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
- AGAE Technologies, LLC
- Kao Corporation
- LOGOS TECHNOLOGIES
- BASF SE
- Other Key Companies
Biosurfactants MARKET: report segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Biosurfactants Market, by Type
Biosurfactants Market, by Application
- Soaps and Detergent
- Food Processing
Biosurfactants Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Biosurfactants Market Providers
- Biosurfactants Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Biosurfactants Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE BIOSURFACTANTS MARKET STUDY