BIOPESTICIDES MARKET: Summary
The Global Biopesticides Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 13.5 billion exhibiting a CAGR of around 14% by the end of 2027.
Biopesticides are derived naturally from animals, plants, bacteria, and certain minerals. They tend to pose fewer risks than conventional chemicals and can be effective in small quantities. They break down more quickly thus creating less pollution.
According to the US Environmental Protection Agency, as of April 2016, there are 299 registered biopesticide active ingredients and 1,401 active biopesticide product registrations.
BIOPESTICIDES MARKET: Drivers & CHALLENGES
- Benefits Associated with the Use of Biopesticides
Biopesticides offer a wide range of benefits over chemical pesticides. These pesticides are usually inherently less toxic than conventional pesticides. They are often effective in extremely small quantities and decompose quickly, thus resulting in lower exposures and pollution. Unlike chemical pesticides which affect non-targeted organisms such as birds, insects & mammals, biopesticides affect only target pest. Additionally, biopesticides are biodegradable and can be cost-effective as well.
Moreover, consumer preference towards the organically grown food items on account of the efforts to live a healthy life is expected to propel the demand for biopesticides during the review period.
All such benefits offered by the use of biopesticides is a major driver of the global biopesticides market.
- Use of Biopesticides in Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
Biopesticides are used as an important component of IPM, which is an approach to crop production and protection that combines different management strategies and practices to grow healthy crops and minimize the use of pesticides. With low toxicity, biopesticides are compatible with the use of classical biological control agents such as predatory mites and lady beetles. IPM programs include rotation of biopesticides with conventional chemical pesticides, which can reduce reliance on single chemistries and delay the development of resistance within pest populations.
Therefore, increasing the use of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) systems for crop production is expected to fuel the product demand.
- Short Product Lifecycle of Biopesticides
Biopesticides are exposed to detrimental environmental conditions when applied in the field, including sunlight (UV), fluctuating moisture conditions, plant physiological and biochemical responses and competition by microorganisms already present on the leaf surface. These conditions may lead to shorter persistence of the biopesticides.
Improper storage conditions result in deterioration of biopesticides such as caking of powders, sedimentation or gelling of liquids and discoloration through oxidation.
Biopesticides market: Key segments
- Segmentation based on product: Bioherbicides, Bioinsecticides, Biofungicides, and Others.
- Segmentation based on type: Biochemical, Microbial, and Plant-Incorporated-Protectants.
- Segmentation based on formulation: Liquid and Dry.
- Segmentation based on the mode of application: Foliar Spray, Seed Treatment, Soil Treatment, and Post-harvest.
- Segmentation based on crop type: Cereals & Grains, Fruits & Vegetables, Oilseeds, and Others.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Biopesticides MARKET: Report SCOPE
The report on the biopesticides market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Billion), Volume (Kiloton)
Product, Type, Formulation, Mode of Application, and Crop Type
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South Africa
KEY Companies Covered
- BASF SE (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- FMC Corporation
- Isagro Group
- Valent BioSciences LLC
- Certis USA L.L.C.
- Koppert Biological Systems
- BioWorks Inc.
- Biological Products Industry Alliance
- Marrone Bio Innovations
- Andermatt Biocontrol AG
- Other Key Companies
Biopesticides MARKET: report segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Biopesticides Market, by Product
Biopesticides Market, by Type
Biopesticides Market, by Formulation
Biopesticides Market, by Mode of Application
- Foliar Spray
- Seed Treatment
- Soil Treatment
Biopesticides Market, by Crop Type
- Cereals & Grains
- Fruits & Vegetables
Biopesticides Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Biopesticides Market Providers
- Biopesticides Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Biopesticides Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE BIOPESTICIDES MARKET STUDY