BIOMEDICAL TEXTILES MARKET: SUMMARY
The Global Biomedical Textiles Market is expected to register a CAGR of 6.1%, reaching a value of around USD 13.2 billion by the end of 2027.
Biomedical textiles are fibrous structures designed for use in specific biological environments, where their performance depends on biocompatibility with cells and biological tissue or fluids. They are used for first aid, clinical, or hygienic purposes. In addition to protective medical apparel, textiles in fiber and fabric form are used as implants, filters, and surgical dressings. These textiles should be non-toxic, non-carcinogenic, non-allergic, and chemically inert as well as should exhibit high strength, durability, and flexibility.
The biomedical textiles include sutures, vascular grafts, heart valves, hernia mesh, tissue implants, nerve guidance channel, corneal lenses, artificial skin, artificial joints, heart patch, and biomedical smart clothes.
BIOMEDICAL TEXTILES MARKET: DRIVERS & OPPORTUNITY
- Rising Number of Surgeries
Growing number of surgeries across the globe is a key driver of global biomedical textiles. These textiles are used in implantable products such as sutures, hernia repair, as well as cardiovascular implants, among others. According to the US Food and Drug Administration, more than 1 million hernia procedures are performed in the US every year. Moreover, the demand for cardiovascular implants is projected to increase during the review period. This is attributed to the increasing prevalence of sedentary diseases such as obesity, diabetes, cancer, and others.
In addition to this, biomedical textiles are used in a mechanical organ such as artificial kidney (dialysis), artificial livers, artificial lungs (blood oxygenation) for blood purification and are called as extracorporeal devices.
Therefore, rising number of surgeries across the world is projected to drive the global biomedical textiles market.
- Use of Biomedical Textiles in Hygiene Products
Biomedical textiles are used as protective clothing to prevent contamination by blood and other fluids. They are extensively used in gowns, caps, wipes, drapes, beddings, sanitary napkins, and others. Demand for such protective clothing is expected to increase due to international travel, medical tourism, and rising awareness amongst the consumers. According to the Centers for Disease Control, Healthcare Acquired Infections (HAIs) account for an estimated 1.7 million infections and 99,000 associated deaths each year in America.
Thus, demand for biomedical textiles in hygiene products is likely to propel the market growth during the assessment period.
- Introduction of Electronic Textiles
Electronic textiles (e-textiles) are fabrics that have electronics and interconnections woven into them. An electronic textile refers to a textile substrate that incorporates capabilities for sensing (biometric or external), communication (usually wireless), power transmission, and interconnection technology to allow sensors, etc. E-textiles can be used to study and scrutinize cardiovascular, respiratory, and neurological disorders.
The growing health care needs and awareness with the introduction of leading-edge technologies in the healthcare sector is likely to open up growth avenues for players in this market.
BIOMEDICAL TEXTILES MARKET: KEY SEGMENTS
- Segmentation based on fiber: Biodegradable and Non-biodegradable.
- Segmentation based on fabric type: Non-woven, Woven, and Others.
- Segmentation based on application: Non-Implantable, Implantable, Healthcare & Hygiene, and Others.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
BIOMEDICAL TEXTILES MARKET: REPORT SCOPE
The report on the biomedical textiles market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Fiber, Fabric Type, and Application
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
KEY COMPANIES COVERED
- Secant Group, LLC (US) (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Confluent Medical Technologies (US)
- Swicofil AG (Switzerland)
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc (US)
- Meister & Cie AG (Switzerland)
- Cardinal Health (US)
- Medline Industries, Inc (US)
- B. Braun Melsungen AG (Germany)
- 3M (US)
- HARTMANN GROUP (Germany)
- Other Key Companies
- BSN medical GmbH (Germany)
- ATEX TECHNOLOGIES (US)
- Freudenberg (Germany)
- DSM (The Netherlands)
- Integra LifeSciences Corporation (US)
BIOMEDICAL TEXTILES MARKET: REPORT SEGMENTATION
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Biomedical Textiles Market, by Fiber
Biomedical Textiles Market, by Fabric Type
Biomedical Textiles Market, by Application
- Healthcare & Hygiene
Biomedical Textiles Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED BY THE REPORT
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Biomedical Textiles Market Providers
- Biomedical Textiles Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Biomedical Textiles Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE BIOMEDICAL TEXTILES MARKET STUDY