BIOHERBICIDES MARKET: SUMMARY
The Global Bioherbicides Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 4.22 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of 11.1%.
Conventional herbicides create a high impact on the overall crop yield resulting to major losses. Bioherbicides are the herbicides obtained from the natural organisms such as bacteria, fungi, and plant extract and minerals used for weed controlling. It is used for retarding the growth of undesirable plants similar to the conventional herbicides. These possess some superior advantages over the traditional chemical based herbicides such as higher specificity and selective targeting towards weed controlling, no negative impact on the beneficial crops and yield and also manages herbicide-resistant (HR) weed populations.
BIOHERBICIDES MARKET: DRIVERS & CHALLENGES
- Increasing Population Leading to High Demand for Food
Globally the demand for food is increasing, which is an outcome of growing global population. As per the Union Nation data, world population prospects 2019, the global population is projected to escalate till 8.5 billion by 2030, further rising to 9.7 billion by 2050. Herbicides are one of the prominent agricultural pest, impacting the agricultural yield and adding the overall expenses. Increase in agricultural weeds at a rapid rate resulting into reduction in plant growth and overall quality results in higher demand for alternative traditional herbicide, thus driving the demand for bioherbicides.
- Global Concern Regarding Ill Effects of Conventional Herbicides
Herbicides/weedkillers are the synthetically manufactured pesticides used for controlling or destroying the growth of the harmful and unwanted plants. However, these pesticides often contain high degree of toxic and hazardous chemicals creating a negative impact on the environment and human life. Sometimes, exposure to certain class of herbicide may lead to genetic damages with varied physiological alterations leading to permanent deformities or even death of individual. In addition to these, herbicide can also result in unintended damage to the crops, if not used in proper manner, resulting to reduction in overall crop yield. Owing to aforementioned hazards associated with the herbicides, the demand for safer alternative is on rise, which is driving the bioherbicide market growth.
- High Cost of Bioherbicides
Bioherbicides are derived and processed from the living source such as fungi, bacterial, and plants, resulting into weed controlling in the environmental friendly way. However, the demand for the bioherbicides is expected to hinder in the forecast period due to high cost associated with it. Production of the herbicides formed from the biological source such as microbes results into valuable, renewable yet time consuming and expensive process, which hamper its commercialization.
BIOHERBICIDES MARKET: KEY SEGMENTS
- Segmentation based on Source: Bacteria, Plant Extract, Virus, Mineral and Others
- Segmentation based on Form: Granular and Liquid
- Segmentation based on Application: Agricultural and Non-agricultural
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
BIOHERBICIDES MARKET: REPORT SCOPE
The report on the bioherbicides market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million) Volume (Kiloton)
Source, Form, Application
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South Africa
KEY COMPANIES COVERED
- Bayer (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Verdesian Life Sciences
- Koppert Biological Systems
- Marrone Bio Innovations
- Deer Creek Holdings
- Emery Oleochemicals
- HINDUSTAN BIO-TECH
- Special Biochem (P) Limited
- Other Key Companies
BIOHERBICIDES MARKET: REPORT SEGMENTATION
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Bioherbicides Market, by Source
- Plant Extract
Bioherbicides Market, by Form
Bioherbicides Market, by Application
- Fruits and Vegetables
Bioherbicides Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Bioherbicides Product Providers
- Bioherbicides Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Bioherbicides Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE BIOHERBICIDES MARKET STUDY