Biocides Market: Summary
The Global Biocides Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 14.4 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 4.5%.
Biocides are chemicals that combat pests or microorganisms. These biocides products are used to control and kill harmful and unwanted organisms such as mold, algae, bacteria, insects, and rodents. Biocides represent various products such as disinfectants, wood preservatives, rodenticides, antifouling agents (on boats), in-can preservatives, used in homes, and public places such as hospitals and industries.
Biocides Market: Drivers & Challenges
- Increasing Demand from Water Treatment Application
In water treatment, biocides are used to eliminate the microbes. Water towers are ideal locations for the growth of biological organisms, such as bacteria, fungi, algae, sulphate-reducing bacteria, and protozoa. If their growth is not controlled, they form a layer of bio-slime that acts as a natural adhesive surface for scale formation, which may reduce the efficiency of the cooling system. In order for water systems to operate at their optimum efficiency, biocides are added to the water to remove the slimes, microbiological fouling, and biofilm from these systems. These biocide chemicals are widely used in cooling towers, spas and swimming pools, sewage treatment, and industrial wastewater treatment. Biocides are also used in water cleaning program to control biofouling in reverse osmosis membranes. Moreover, biocides are used before the RO system, to regulate bio-growth in the membrane. Thus, the increasing demand from water treatment application is expected to propel the global biocides market.
- Stringent Regulatory Framework for Biocidal Products
The stringent regulatory framework for biocidal products and the resultant additional costs concerning their manufacturing and registration is likely to hamper the global biocides market. For instance, since 2013, European biocide manufacturers have to ensure that their biocidal active substances undergo rigorous tests to meet the quality standards. To ensure such strict compliance, companies need to allocate a significant amount of capital and resources toward product development and regulatory approvals. These factors often discourage manufacturers from developing biocidal products, further hampering the market growth up to a certain extent.
Biocides Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on type: Halogen Compounds, Metallic Compounds, Organosulfur Compounds, Organic Acids, Phenolic Biocides and Others
- Segmentation based on application: Food & Beverages, Water Treatment, Construction, Agriculture, Pharmaceutical, Personal Care, Paints & Coatings, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Biocides Market: Report Scope
The report on the Biocides market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million) and Volume (Kiloton)
Type, Application, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- BASF SE (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Akzonobel N.V.
- The Lubrizol Corporation
- Clariant AG
- DuPont and Dow.
- Kemira OYJ
- Troy Corporation
- Thor Group Limited
- Lanxess AG
- Solvay SA
- Lonza Group AG
- Other Key Companies
Biocides Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Biocides Market, by Type
- Halogen Compounds
- Metallic Compounds
- Organosulfur Compounds
- Organic Acids
- Phenolic Biocides
Biocides Market, by Application
- Food & Beverages
- Water Treatment
- Personal Care
- Paints & Coatings
Biocides Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Biocides Market Providers
- Biocides Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Biocides Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE BIOCIDES MARKET STUDY