Autonomous Train Market: Summary
The Global Autonomous Train Market is projected to reach around 86,122 (Thousand) Units by 2027 at a CAGR of around 4.38%.
Autonomous trains are operated without the presence of human interference and have complete control of movement between stations, departure, stops, opening and closing of doors, and others. They are also called as driverless trains. These trains are controlled automatically with the help of enhanced camera systems, highly powered sensors, GPS, and others are monitored with the help of a highly efficient computer system with machine learning (ML) capabilities. Automation technology on trains have proved to be more effective for a reduction in the number of accidents and pollution and an increased efficiency.
Autonomous Train Market: Drivers & Restraint
- Rising Demand for Safety, Security and High-Quality Service
Trains are the safest and efficient ways of transportation compared to roadways due to the number of accidents recorded. Autonomous trains are equipped with advanced technology which includes high tech sensors, advanced navigation systems, cameras, onboard computer systems, and others which assist in operating without the driver and the safety of onboard passengers is increased. With the help of train to server communication, these trains can measure the correct distance between the trains which results in taking less time for covering long distances.
Thus, rising demand for safety, security, and high-quality service is expected to drive the autonomous train market during the forecast period.
- Increasing Government Funding for Railway Development
Rising government budget in railways are driving the demand to meet advanced technologies in trains. Developing countries such as India and China are more focused on developing railway infrastructure by allocating higher funding. For instance, Union Budget 2019-2020 allocated USD 9.6 billion budget for railways.
Thus, increasing government funding for railway development is expected to propel the autonomous train market during the forecast period.
Technologies used in autonomous trains are expensive and in addition to it, the operational and installation and maintenance cost increases the overall expenditure which acts as a restraint to the market growth. For instance, Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) technology used in these trains is built in a variety of high-tech sensors which are costly.
Thus, the high initial cost is a restraining factor for autonomous train market growth during the forecast period.
Autonomous Train Market: Key Segments
- By Train Type: High-Speed Train, Metro Rail Transit (MRT), and Light Rail Transit (LRT).
- By Automation Level: GOA 1 (Manual Train Operation), GOA 2 (Semi-Automatic Train Operation), GOA 3 (Driverless Train Operation) and GOA 4 (Unattended Train Operation).
- By Component: Camera, Sensors, Radio Set, Odometer, Antenna, Tachometer, and Others.
- By Technology: Automatic Train Control (ATC), Automatic Train Protection (ATP), Automatic Train Operation (ATO), Communications-Based Train Control (CBTC), Positive Train Control (PTC) and European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS).
- By Application: Passenger Train and Freight Train.
- Based on Region Covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Autonomous Train Market: Report Scope
The report on the autonomous train market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Train Type, Automation Level, Component, Technology, and Application
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South Africa
KEY Companies Covered
- Alstom (France) (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Siemens (Germany)
- Hitachi, Ltd. (Japan)
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. (Japan)
- GENERAL ELECTRIC (US)
- Thales Group (France)
- MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES, LTD. (Japan)
- ABB (Switzerland)
- CRRC Corporation Limited (China)
- TRANSMASHHOLDING (Russia)
- Other Key Companies
Autonomous Train Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Autonomous Train Market, by Train Type
- High-Speed Train
- Metro Rail Transit (MRT)
- Light Rail Transit (LRT)
Autonomous Train Market, by Automation Level
- GOA 1 (Manual Train Operation)
- GOA 2 (Semi-Automatic Train Operation)
- GOA 3 (Driverless Train Operation)
- GOA 4 (Unattended Train Operation)
Autonomous Train Market, by Component
- Radio Set
Autonomous Train Market, by Technology
- Automatic Train Control (ATC)
- Automatic Train Protection (ATP)
- Automatic Train Operation (ATO)
- Communications-Based Train Control (CBTC)
- Positive Train Control (PTC)
- European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS)
Autonomous Train Market, by Application
- Passenger Train
- Freight Train
Autonomous Train Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market globally and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market worldwide?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the world?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario globally?
- Autonomous Train Market Providers
- Autonomous Train Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Autonomous Train Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE AUTONOMOUS TRAIN MARKET STUDY