Autonomous Emergency Braking System (AEBS) Market: Summary
The Global Autonomous Emergency Braking System (AEBS) Market is projected to reach around USD 78.1 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 21.1%.
Autonomous Emergency Braking System (AEBS) is an advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) safety system that helps drivers to detect obstacles and avoid the impact of collisions with other vehicles. Also, it automatically stops the car if the driver fails to respond to an emergency situation. The system monitors the gap between you and the vehicle ahead and automatically applies maximum braking, using the Anti-lock braking system to slow the car as much as possible.
Autonomous Emergency Braking System (AEBS) Market: Drivers & Restraint
- Rising Awareness Towards Safety Concerns
An autonomous emergency braking system (AEBS) helps to brake the vehicle to prevent a collision or reduce the severity of an impact. Safety is a major concern in the automotive sector. Any safety failures may result in severe injury or loss of life. Rising vehicle accidents worldwide is driving the demand for the automotive emergency braking system. As per the World Health Organization (WHO), around 1.35 million people annually die due to road accidents. To overcome this situation, International Standards, International Organization for Standardization (ISO 26262), and Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE J3061), have come up with strict vehicle safety and security standards.
Hence, rising awareness towards safety concerns is expected to drive the market growth during the forecast period.
- Growing Adoption of Advanced Emergency Braking System
The basic functions of an autonomous emergency braking system (AEBS) is to avoid or decrease a collision with a vehicle ahead. This can be achieved with the information’s obtained using advanced driver assist systems (ADAS) sensors such as radar or camera. AEB technology is connected with adaptive cruise control which is an advantage for motorway driving and guides in peak hour traffic. Such benefits of AEBS are resulting in its increased adoption rate over the world. In Feb 2019, according to the United Nations, Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) has imposed strict regulations for AEBS for cars which will improve road safety.
Thus, the growing adoption of the advanced emergency braking system is expected to propel the Autonomous Emergency Braking System (AEBS) market during the forecast period.
- High Cost of Autonomous Emergency Braking System (AEBS)
The installation cost of AEBS increases the overall price of the vehicle which also increases the overall cost of the vehicle. Safety is one of the biggest factors while purchasing a new car, however it is associated with high cost. Due to the presence of cost constraints, the more efficient systems are first implemented in premium vehicles, where the impact of the cost of the system on the overall cost of the vehicle is minor than for standard vehicles.
Hence, the high cost of AEBS is expected to restrain the market during the forecast period.
Autonomous Emergency Braking System (AEBS) Market: Key Segments
- Based on Components: Sensors, Actuators, Buzzers, Visual Indicators, and Controllers.
- Based on Technology: Radar, Camera, LiDAR, and Fusion.
- Based on Operating Speed: Low Speed, High Speed, and Pedestrians and Cyclists Users
- Based on Application: Passenger Cars, Light-Duty Vehicle (LDV) and Heavy-Duty Vehicle (HDV).
- Based on Region Covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Autonomous Emergency Braking System (AEBS) Market: Report Scope
The report on the Autonomous Emergency Braking System (AEBS) market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million), Volume (Units)
Components, Technology, Operating Speed and Application
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South Africa
KEY Companies Covered
- Robert Bosch GmbH (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Continental AG
- DENSO CORPORATION
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- AISIN SEIKI Co., Ltd.
- Autoliv Inc.
- Delphi Technologies
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd.
- Other Key Companies
Autonomous Emergency Braking System (AEBS) MARKET: report segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Autonomous Emergency Braking System (AEBS) Market, by Components
- Visual Indicators
Autonomous Emergency Braking System (AEBS) Market, by Technology
- Fusion (Combination of Radar and Camera Sensors)
Autonomous Emergency Braking System (AEBS) Market, Operating Speed
- Low Speed
- High Speed
- Pedestrians and Cyclists Users
Autonomous Emergency Braking System (AEBS) Market, Application
- Passenger Cars
- Light-Duty Vehicle (LDV)
- Heavy-Duty Vehicle (HDV)
Autonomous Emergency Braking System (AEBS) Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market globally and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market worldwide?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the world?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario globally?
- Autonomous Emergency Braking System (AEBS) Market Providers
- Autonomous Emergency Braking System (AEBS) Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Autonomous Emergency Braking System (AEBS) Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE AUTONOMOUS EMERGENCY BRAKING SYSTEM (AEBS) MARKET STUDY