AUTOMOTIVE THERMAL MANAGEMENT MARKET: Summary
The Global Automotive Thermal Management Market is projected to reach around USD 66.6 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 5.1%.
The automotive thermal management system is used for maintaining temperature through technology based on heat transfer and thermodynamics and helps in lowering CO2 emission. The main function of this system is to transfer heat efficiently, reduce thermal loads, and reuse wasted heat. The system maintains the temperature, protects them from failures, increases efficiency, reliability of various automotive systems such as electric drive units, HVAC systems, infotainment, engine, and others.
AUTOMOTIVE THERMAL MANAGEMENT MARKET: Drivers & Restraint
- Rise in Demand for In-vehicle Electronic Systems
Electrification is growing in the automotive industry as manufacturers are focusing more on developing innovative solutions for in-vehicle electronic systems like navigation, infotainment, transmission, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, electric drive units and others. These devices generate excessive heat and to ensure their safety and to protect them from failures, thermal management systems are used. This system monitors and controls temperature, increases the efficiency, and reliability of electronic systems.
Hence, the rise in demand for in-vehicle electronic systems is expected to boost the automotive thermal management market growth during the forecast period.
- Stringent Regulations Imposed for Emission Reduction
Automotive manufacturers are focusing on reducing CO2 emission and increase fuel efficiency due to strict regulations imposed such as Bharat Stage Emission Standards (BSES), United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), Clean Air Act, and others. With growing environmental concerns, the demand for thermal management increases as its major role is to help in reducing vehicle emissions. The system maintains the temperature in the internal combustion engine which results in fuel-efficient vehicles.
Thus, stringent regulations imposed for emission reduction is anticipated to boost the market growth during the forecast period.
- High Cost of Thermal Management System Technology
The growth of this market is hampered owing to the high cost of the technologies used in the development of the thermal management system. The cost of the system increases due to the usage of expensive technologies which further increases the overall cost of the vehicle. This is negatively impacting the market growth especially in developing countries where customers are price-sensitive.
Thus, the high cost of thermal management system technology is a restraining factor for automotive thermal management market growth during the forecast period.
Automotive Thermal Management market: Key segments
- Based on Technology: Engine Thermal Mass Reduction, Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR), Reduced HVAC System Loading, Active Transmission Warmup, and Others.
- Based on Components: Heat Sink, Powertrain Cooling, Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Systems, Electric Water Pump, Temperature Sensor, Motor, Compressor, Air Filter, and Others.
- Based on Application: Waste Heat Recovery, Battery Thermal Management, Power Electronics, Front/ Rear Air Conditioning, Engine Cooling, Motor Thermal System, Heated/ Ventilated Seats, and Others.
- Based on Vehicle Type: Internal Combustion Engine (ICE), Electric Vehicles and Others.
- Based on Region Covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Automotive Thermal Management MARKET: Report SCOPE
The report on the automotive thermal management market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million), Volume (Units)
Technology, Components, Application and Vehicle Type
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South Africa
KEY Companies Covered
- DENSO CORPORATION (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- MAHLE GmbH
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Hanon Systems
- BorgWarner Inc.
- Continental AG
- Schaeffler AG
- Dana Limited
- Other Key Companies
Automotive Thermal Management MARKET: report segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Automotive Thermal Management Market, by Technology
- Engine Thermal Mass Reduction
- Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR)
- Reduced HVAC System Loading
- Active Transmission Warmup
Automotive Thermal Management Market, by Components
- Heat Sink
- Powertrain Cooling
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Systems
- Electric Water Pump
- Temperature Sensor
- Air Filter
Automotive Thermal Management Market, by Application
- Waste Heat Recovery
- Battery Thermal Management
- Power Electronics
- Front/ Rear Air Conditioning
- Engine Cooling
- Motor Thermal System
- Heated/ Ventilated Seats
Automotive Thermal Management Market, by Vehicle Type
- Internal Combustion Engine (ICE)
- Electric Vehicles
Automotive Thermal Management Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market globally and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market worldwide?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the world?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario globally?
- Automotive Thermal Management Market Providers
- Automotive Thermal Management Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Automotive Thermal Management Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE AUTOMOTIVE THERMAL MANAGEMENT MARKET STUDY