Automotive Terminal Market: Summary
The Global Automotive Terminal Market is estimated to reach USD 25 Billion by 2024 at a CAGR of 11.4 %.
Automotive terminals are electromechanical devices that can regulate different electronic systems or can be used to connect charger with cell or batteries in vehicles. This system comes in different sizes, designs, and specifications depending upon the demand of the end-user industry. Terminals are fitted at the endpoint of a wire with a connector or fastener.
Automotive Terminal Market: Drivers & Restraints
- Rise in Demand of Electric Systems
Automotive manufacturers are engaged in developing innovative technologies that would provide better connectivity solutions with the growing demand for luxurious and smart vehicles. Rise in demand for electric and autonomous vehicles has boosted the demand for electric systems. As per Edison Electric Institute, in 2018, the total sales of electric vehicles in the United States raised 81%, when compared to 2017. Thus, the demand for electric systems has expected to drive the automotive terminal market during the forecast period.
- Supportive Regulations Regarding Safety Systems
Safety is one of the biggest concerns in the automotive industry. Government standards are introduced to increase driver or onboard passenger’s safety. As per the World Health Organization (WHO), around 1.35 million people annually die due to road accidents. To overcome this situation, various safety systems have been introduced which are expected to boost the automotive safety market during the forecast period. For instance, In the United States, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) have been imposed to increase the implementation of the collision avoidance system.
- Reliability Issues of Battery Terminal
Battery terminals are formed by highly conductive metal or lead. They are important in connecting battery cables and are the first point of contact between the vehicle’s electrical system and battery. Issues with battery terminal can impact the complete vehicle and to overcome this situation vehicle need to be serviced. First concern with the battery terminal is a problem in starting the vehicle, this can be caused by a loose battery terminal or corrosion on the battery. No electric power is another concern for failing battery cables, damaged or corroded terminal causes this problem and replacement of battery terminal can fix this. Thus reliability issues regarding the battery terminal impact the market growth.
Automotive Terminal Market: Key Segments
- Based on Type: Battery Terminal, Connectors, Wire Wrap, Screw Terminals, Leads, Terminal strips, and Others
- By Application: Battery system, Safety & Security, Body Control & Interiors, In-Vehicle Infotainment Systems, Engine & Emission Control, Cooling, and Lighting System
- Key Regions Covered: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Rest of the World with individual country-level analysis.
Automotive Terminal Market: Report Scope
The report on the automotive terminal market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2019-2024 (2019 estimated year, forecasted up to 2024)
Value (USD Million), Volume (Units)
Type, Application, Vehicle Type, and Region
Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, Rest of the World
Key Companies Covered
- TE Connectivity (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.
- Delphi Technologies
- Lear Corporation.
- FURUKAWA ELECTRIC CO., LTD.
- PKC Group Ltd
- Molex, LLC
- Grote Industries, Inc.
- Keats Manufacturing,
- Viney Corporation Limited,
- Other Key Companies
Automotive Terminal Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Automotive Terminal Market, by Type
- Battery Terminal
- Wire Wrap
- Screw Terminals
- Terminal strips
Automotive Terminal Market, by Application
- Battery system
- Safety & Security
- Body Control & Interiors
- In-Vehicle Infotainment Systems
- Engine & Emission Control
- Lighting System
Automotive Terminal Market, by Vehicle Type
- Internal Combustion Engine (ICE)
- Electric Vehicles (EVs)
Automotive Terminal Market, by Region
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa Rest of the World
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the major developments impacting the global market and its growth?
- What will be the effects of the developments in the global market on the industry and the market players in the near and far future?
- What are the evolving types of the global market?
- What are the evolving applications of the global market?
- What are the major characteristics that will affect the global market growth during the study period?
- Who are the key global players operating in the market?
- How are the major players leveraging in the existing global market conditions?
- Automotive Terminal Market Providers
- Automotive Terminal Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Automotive Terminal Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE AUTOMOTIVE TERMINAL MARKET STUDY
1.1 Research Objectives
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Research Scope
1.4 Regional Coverage
1.5 Research Timeline
2 RESEARCH DESIGN & SCOPE
2.2 Primary Research
2.2.1 Key Industry Expert Insight
2.3 Secondary Research
2.3.1 Vital Data from Secondary Sources
2.4 Market Size Estimation
2.5 Data Validation & Triangulation
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.2.1. Rise in Demand for Electric Systems
4.2.2. Supportive Regulations Regarding Safety Systems
4.3.1 Increase in Demand for Electric Vehicles
4.3.2 Rise in Demand for Autonomous Vehicles in Emerging Regions
4.4.1 Reliability Issues of Battery Terminal
4.4.2 Design Complexity for High Voltage Terminals
5 INDUSTRY TRENDS – PORTERS FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
5.1.1. Power of Buyers
5.1.2. Power of Suppliers
5.1.3. Intensity of Competition
5.1.4. Challenges of Substitutes
5.1.5. Challenges of New Entrants
5.2 Macro-Economic Indicators
6 AUTOMOTIVE TERMINAL MARKET BY TYPE, Market Size in USD Million and Units (2017—2024)
6.2 Battery Terminal
6.4 Wire Wrap
6.5 Screw Terminals
6.7 Terminal strips
7 AUTOMOTIVE TERMINAL MARKET BY APPLICATION, Market Size in USD Million and Units (2017—2024)
7.2 Battery System
7.3 Safety & Security
7.4 Body Control & Interiors
7.5 In-Vehicle Infotainment Systems
7.6 Engine & Emission Control
7.8 Lighting System
8 AUTOMOTIVE TERMINAL MARKET BY VEHICLE TYPE, Market Size in USD Million and Units (2017—2024)
8.2 Internal Combustion Engine (ICE)
8.3 Electric Vehicles (EVs)
9 AUTOMOTIVE TERMINAL MARKET BY REGION, Market Size in USD Million and Units (2017—2024)
9.1 North America
9.2.7 Rest of Europe
9.3.4 South Korea
9.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
9.4 Rest of the World
9.4.1 South America
9.4.2 Middle East & Africa
10 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
10.2 Market Ranking/Share Analysis of Key Companies
10.3 Company Benchmarking
11 COMPANY PROFILES
11.1 TE Connectivity
11.1.1 Company Overview
11.1.2 Financial Overview
11.1.3 Products/Solutions/Services Offered
11.1.4 Key Developments
11.1.5 SWOT Analysis
11.2 Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.
11.3 Delphi Technologies
11.4 Lear Corporation.
11.5 FURUKAWA ELECTRIC CO., LTD.
11.6 PKC Group Ltd
11.7 Molex, LLC
11.8 Grote Industries, Inc.
11.9 Keats Manufacturing,
11.10 Viney Corporation Limited,
12.1 Key Industry Expert Insights
12.2 Primary Discussion Guide
12.3 Customization Options
Note1: Tentative table of contents, may get updated during the course of research.
Note2: Company financial information is subject to availability in public domain
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE STUDY