Automotive Supercharger Market: Summary
The Global Automotive Supercharger Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 11.1 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 5.1%.
Automotive supercharger is a compressor used to increase the pressure of the incoming air in the engine. The high pressure increases the mass of air that is drawn into the cylinder during the intake stroke. This increases the power of the engine by supplying additional air that is used to burn more fuel per cycle. The supercharger is connected to the engine through a belt that provides immediate power at low revolutions per minute (RPM).
Automotive Supercharger Market: Drivers & Restraint
- Rising Demand for Luxury and Racing Cars
Superchargers are mainly used in luxury and racing cars as its use increases the intake manifold pressure of the engine. These systems are primarily installed in a sports car as they are a perfect fit for such vehicles because these cars require instantaneous boost as soon as the car starts moving. Also, the demand for high-end cars has increased due to the increased disposable incomes of consumers around the world.
Therefore, the rising demand for luxury and racing cars will drive the global automotive supercharger market.
- Increase of Gasoline Engine Vehicles
Superchargers are more suitable for a gasoline engine that emits lesser amount of exhaust gases than a diesel engine. Production of diesel engine vehicles is expected to decrease as they emit more NOx pollution and superchargers are not suitable for these engines as they emit a large amount of exhaust gases. Thus, with the measures taken worldwide to limit air pollution and environmental degradation, the demand for diesel vehicles is projected to decrease and demand for gasoline engine vehicles will increase.
Therefore, the increase of gasoline engine vehicles is expected to boost the automotive supercharger market growth.
- Growing Demand for Electric Vehicles
Electric vehicles run on electric motors instead of the internal-combustion engine (ICE) which generates power by burning a mix of fuel. Superchargers act as a forced induction technology which cannot be used in electric vehicles as they do not use combustion engines. The rising concerns of pollution and stringent emission norms imposed are pushing automotive manufacturers to invest in the production of electric vehicles.
Thus, the growing demand for electric vehicles globally is expected to decline the market growth of automotive superchargers.
Automotive Supercharger Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation Based on Type: Roots Superchargers, Twin-screw Superchargers, and Centrifugal Supercharger.
- Segmentation Based on Components: Pulley/ Belts, Intercoolers, Blower, Compressors, Harmonic Balancers, Valves, and Others.
- Segmentation Based on Fuel Type: Diesel and Gasoline.
- Segmentation Based on Vehicle Type: Passenger Cars, Light-Duty Vehicles (LDV) and Heavy-Duty Vehicles (HDV).
- Segmentation Based on Region Covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Automotive Supercharger Market: Report Scope
The report on the automotive supercharger market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million), Volume (Units)
Type, Components, Fuel Type, Vehicle Type, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South Africa
KEY Companies Covered
- Eaton (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Daimler AG
- Porsche AG
- Ford Motor Company
- MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES, LTD.
- Rotrex A/S
- A&A Corvette Performance, Ltd.
- Tenneco Inc.
- IHI Corporation
- Other Key Companies
Automotive supercharger MARKET: report segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Automotive Supercharger Market, by Type
- Roots Superchargers
- Twin-screw Superchargers
- Centrifugal Supercharger
Automotive Supercharger Market, by Components
- Pulley/ Belts
- Harmonic Balancers
Automotive Supercharger Market, by Fuel Type
Automotive supercharger Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Cars
- Light-Duty Vehicles (LDV)
- Heavy-Duty Vehicles (HDV)
Automotive Supercharger Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Automotive Supercharger Market Providers
- Automotive Supercharger Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Automotive Supercharger Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE AUTOMOTIVE SUPERCHARGER MARKET STUDY