Automotive Shielding Market: Summary
The Global Automotive Shielding Market is estimated to reach USD 12 Billion by 2025 at a CAGR of 7.8 %, says forencis research (FSR).
Automotive shielding is used to protect automotive electronics and components from heat and electromagnetic interference (EMI). In the automotive world, increase of electronic devices and components has caused major concerns such as radio frequency interference (RFI) and electromagnetic interference (EMI. To resolve this issues, EMI and heat shielding is required. EMI shielding is used for proper functioning of electronic systems and heat shielding is used to protect vehicle components from the adverse effect of heat by providing thermal management. Automotive shielding is mainly used in electrical components, turbocharger, engine compartment, exhaust systems and underbody of the automotive vehicle where excessive heat is generated.
Automotive Shielding Market: Drivers & Restraints
- Rise in Demand of Electric Vehicles
Automotive manufacturers are engaged in developing innovative technologies that would provide better connectivity solutions. The development of innovative technologies is an outcome of the growing demand for luxurious and smart vehicles. Rise in demand for electric and autonomous vehicles has boosted the demand for electric systems. As per the data shared by the Edison Electric Institute, in 2018, the total sales of electric vehicles in the United States raised 81%, when compared to 2017. Thus, the demand for electric vehicles has expected to drive the automotive shielding market during the forecast period.
- Advantages Associated with Heat Shields
Heatshield plays an important role in managing the adverse effect of heat in vehicles. It protects heat from reaching out to components and transmission tunnels by lowering the temperature and keeping them cool. Some of the advantages associated with the heat shield is fueling the market growth. Advantages with the automotive exhaust insulation method that helps in boosting fuel mileage and lower emissions. Also, thermal insulation wraps help in increasing the power of the vehicle and minimizes the consumption of fuel. Header-pipe heat wrap helps in reducing underbody temperature up to 50% that lowers heat from the exhaust system keeps the car cooler from inside. Thus, automotive insulation products protect the vehicle from unnecessary damage and repairs which increases vehicle lifespan.
Hence, advantages associated with heat shields are anticipated to boost the automotive shielding market during the forecast period.
- Use of Advanced Technology to Limit Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)
Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) issues would grow continuously as there is a rise in luxury vehicles. The safety of these vehicles and occupants would depend on the advanced system. With ongoing advancements, the Electronic engineers have come up with ways that would limit EMI. Electronic systems or components need to carry proper electromagnetic (EM) shields by adding magnetic, conductive materials or by applying a faraday shield while designing which is likely to act as a barrier against radiation fields. The use of electronic filtering can act as a block to unwanted frequencies and allow required frequencies to pass with minimal impact.
Thus, the use of advanced technology to limit electromagnetic interference (EMI) will impact market growth.
Automotive Shielding Market: Key Segments
- Based on Type: Heat Shield and Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) Shield
- By Material: Metal and Non- Metal
- Based on Application: Heat and Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)
- By Vehicle Type: Internal Combustion Engine (ICE), Electric Vehicles (EVs), and
- Key Regions Covered: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Rest of the World with individual country-level analysis.
Automotive Shielding Market: Report Scope
The report on the automotive shielding market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2025 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2025)
Value (USD Million), Volume (Units)
Type, Material, Application, Vehicle Type, and Region
Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, Rest of the World
Key Companies Covered
- Laird (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Tenneco Inc.
- Morgan Advanced Materials PLC
- ElringKlinger AG
- Dana Inc
- Schaffner Holding AG
- Henkel AG & Co KGaA Preference Shares
- 3M Co
- PARKER HANNIFIN CORP
- Tech-Etch, Inc.
Automotive Shielding Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Automotive Shielding Market, by Type
- Heat Shield
- Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) Shield
Automotive Shielding Market, by Material
Automotive Shielding Market, by Application
- Engine Compartment
- Exhaust System
- Transmission Tunnel
- Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)
- Electronic Braking Systems
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Fuel Control Systems
- Infotainment Head Unit
- Collision Avoidance Radar
- Navigation-Radio Combination
- Electric Motors
- Control Area Networks (CAN)
Automotive Shielding Market, by Vehicle Type
- Internal Combustion Engine (ICE)
- Electric Vehicles (EVs)
Automotive Shielding Market, by Region
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- North America
- Rest of Europe
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the major developments impacting the global market and its growth?
- What will be the effects of the developments in the global market on the industry and the market players in the near and far future?
- What are the evolving types of the global market?
- What are the evolving applications of the global market?
- What are the major characteristics that will affect the global market growth during the study period?
- Who are the key global players operating in the market?
- How are the major players leveraging in the existing global market conditions?
- Automotive Shielding Market Providers
- Automotive Shielding Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Automotive Shielding Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE AUTOMOTIVE SHIELDING MARKET STUDY
1.1 Research Objectives
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Research Scope
1.4 Regional Coverage
1.5 Research Timeline
2 RESEARCH DESIGN & SCOPE
2.2 Primary Research
2.2.1 Key Industry Expert Insight
2.3 Secondary Research
2.3.1 Vital Data from Secondary Sources
2.4 Market Size Estimation
2.5 Data Validation & Triangulation
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.2.1. Rise in Demand for Electric Vehicles
4.2.2. Advantages Associated with Heat Shields
4.3.1 Use of Advanced Technology to limit electromagnetic interference (EMI)
4.4.1 Rise in Demand for Autonomous and Semi-Autonomous Vehicles
4.5.1 Size and Cost Issues
5 INDUSTRY TRENDS – PORTERS FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
5.1.1. Power of Buyers
5.1.2. Power of Suppliers
5.1.3. Intensity of Competition
5.1.4. Challenges of Substitutes
5.1.5. Challenges of New Entrants
5.2 Macro-Economic Indicators
6 AUTOMOTIVE SHIELDING MARKET BY TYPE, Market Size in USD Million and Units (2018—2025)
6.2 Heat Shield
6.3 Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) Shield
7 AUTOMOTIVE SHIELDING MARKET BY MATERIAL, Market Size in USD Million and Units (2018—2025)
7.3 Non- Metal
8 AUTOMOTIVE SHIELDING MARKET BY APPLICATION, Market Size in USD Million and Units (2018—2025)
8.2.2 Engine Compartment
8.2.3 Exhaust System
8.2.4 Transmission Tunnel
8.3 Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)
8.3.1 Electronic Braking Systems
8.3.2 Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
8.3.3 Fuel Control Systems
8.3.4 Infotainment Head Unit
8.3.5 Collision Avoidance Radar
8.3.6 Navigation-Radio Combination
8.3.7 Electric Motors
8.3.8 Control Area Networks (CAN)
9 AUTOMOTIVE SHIELDING MARKET BY VEHICLE TYPE, Market Size in USD Million and Units (2018—2025)
9.2 Internal Combustion Engine (ICE)
9.3 Electric Vehicles (EVs)
10 AUTOMOTIVE SHIELDING MARKET BY REGION, Market Size in USD Million and Units (2018—2025)
10.1 North America
10.2.7 Rest of Europe
10.3.4 South Korea
10.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
10.4 Rest of the World
11 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
11.2 Market Ranking/Share Analysis of Key Companies
11.3 Company Benchmarking
12 COMPANY PROFILES
12.1.1 Company Overview
12.1.2 Financial Overview
12.1.3 Products/Solutions/Services Offered
12.1.4 Key Developments
12.1.5 SWOT Analysis
12.2 Tenneco Inc.
12.3 Morgan Advanced Materials PLC
12.4 ElringKlinger AG
12.5 Dana Inc
12.6 Schaffner Holding AG
12.7 Henkel AG & Co KGaA Preference Shares
12.8 3M Co
12.9 PARKER HANNIFIN CORP
12.10 Tech-Etch, Inc.
13.1 Key Industry Expert Insights
13.2 Primary Discussion Guide
13.3 Customization Options
Note1: Tentative table of contents, may get updated during the course of research.
Note2: Company financial information is subject to availability in public domain
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE STUDY