AUTOMOTIVE SEATS MARKET: Summary
The Global Automotive Seats Market is projected to reach around USD 80.5 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 3.1%.
Automotive seats are used to provide comfort to passengers while driving a vehicle. The car seat is considered an important component in the vehicle as they are designed to support buttocks, thighs, head, lower and upper back. The driver and passenger seats consist of three main parts i.e. the seat base, the headrest, and the seatback. Moreover, seats offer a stylish look to the vehicle as they can integrate with various interior parts of the vehicle. Seats are made with durable materials, such as, steel or aluminum.
AUTOMOTIVE SEATS MARKET: Drivers & Restraint
- Rising Adoption Towards Luxury and Comfort
Comfortable and impressive interior design is an important factor for customers to make purchasing decisions of any vehicle. Based on vehicles model and customers’ preference, automotive manufacturers are engaged in developing innovative technologies that would provide versatile seat designs. Moreover, luxury modifications have been introduced such as powered and heated seats into seating systems for the customers to have a better experience.
Thus, the rising adoption towards luxury and comfort is expected to drive the automotive seats market during the forecast period.
- Increasing Demand for Lightweight Materials
Automotive manufacturers are focusing on producing efficient vehicles, due to which they have started using lightweight materials. This has resulted in a high consumption of composites, which would further expand the automotive seating material market. For instance, the Adient plc company is replacing metal and using a multi-material lightweight seat structure made from magnesium which is the lightest of all materials. It is 75% lighter than steel and 33% lighter than aluminum.
Thus, increasing demand for lightweight materials is expected to propel the automotive seats market during the forecast period.
- Volatility in Raw Material Prices
Materials such as steel, aluminum, magnesium, synthetic leathers, polyester, and durable materials are used for the production of seating systems in the vehicle. Supply tightness and uncertain shortages have significant impacts on manufacturers for these raw materials. Inconsistent supply of raw materials results in increasing raw material prices which, escalates the overall product price.
Thus, volatility in raw material prices is a restraining factor for automotive seats market growth during the forecast period.
Automotive Seats market: Key segments
- Based on Type: Split-Bench, Bucket Seats, Folding Seats, and Others.
- Based on Components: Headrest, Armrest, Backrest, Height Adjuster, Front Seat Towel Bar, Seat Belts, Seat Tracks, Seat Recliner, Seat Frame and Others.
- Based on Material: Metal, Leather, Fabrics Polyester & Nylon, Vinyl, and Others.
- Based on Technology: Standard Seats, Heated and Ventilated Seats, Massage Seats, Power Seats, and Others.
- Based on Vehicle Type: Passenger Cars, Light-Duty Vehicle (LDV) and Heavy-Duty Vehicle (HDV).
- Based on Region Covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Automotive Seats MARKET: Report SCOPE
The report on the automotive seats market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million), Volume (Units)
Type, Components, Material, Technology, and Vehicle Type
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South Africa
KEY Companies Covered
- Adient plc (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Lear Corporation
- TOYOTA BOSHOKU CORPORATION
- Magna International Inc.
- AISIN SEIKI Co., Ltd.
- TS TECH CO., LTD.
- NHK SPRING Co., Ltd.
- Other Key Companies
Automotive Seats MARKET: report segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Automotive Seats Market, by Type
- Bucket Seats
- Folding Seats
Automotive Seats Market, by Components
- Height Adjuster
- Front Seat Towel Bar
- Seat Belts
- Seat Tracks
- Seat Recliner
- Seat Frame
Automotive Seats Market, by Material
- Polyester & Nylon
Automotive Seats Market, by Technology
- Standard Seats
- Heated and Ventilated Seats
- Massage Seats
- Power Seats
Automotive Seats Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Cars
- Light-Duty Vehicle (LDV)
- Heavy-Duty Vehicle (HDV)
Automotive Seats Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market globally and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market worldwide?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the world?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario globally?
- Automotive Seats Market Providers
- Automotive Seats Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Automotive Seats Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE AUTOMOTIVE SEATS MARKET STUDY