Automotive Safety System Market: Summary
The Global Automotive Safety System Market is estimated to reach USD 152.7 Billion by 2024 at a CAGR of 10.1 %.
The automotive safety system is designed to provide safety to the vehicle occupants by minimizing injuries caused by sudden jerks or accidents. These systems are classified into two segments, active safety systems, and passive safety systems. An active safety system plays an important role in reducing crashes and accidents by providing the driver with additional assistance in controlling the vehicle. This system is mostly electronic and controlled by a computer onboard. A passive safety system helps to protect vehicle occupants by reducing further injuries during the time of an accident. Seat belts and airbags are the common passive safety systems used in automotive vehicles.
Automotive Safety System Market: Drivers & Restraints
- Rising Awareness Towards Safety & Security
Safety is a primary requirement in the automotive sector. Any safety or security failures may result in severe injury or loss of life. Rising vehicle accidents worldwide is driving the demand for automotive safety & security. As per the World Health Organization (WHO), around 1.35 million people annually die due to road accidents. To overcome this situation, International Standards, International Organization for Standardization (ISO 26262), and Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE J3061), have come up with strict vehicle safety and security standards.
Hence rising awareness towards safety & security is expected to drive the automotive safety market during the forecast period.
- Increasing Vehicle Population in Emerging Regions
Growing population and rising per capita income along with favorable foreign direct investment is driving the demand for the vehicle in emerging regions such as China and India. China’s auto sales will continue to grow over the next twenty years. Owing to improving road safety standards and supportive legislations for consumer awareness, the demand for vehicles is growing in emerging markets.
Hence the growth in automotive sales in the emerging regions is expected to boost the automotive safety market during the forecast period.
- High Cost of Safety Systems
Safety is one of the biggest factors while purchasing a new car however it is associated with high cost. Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) is built in a variety of high-tech sensors. This technology helps in preventing sudden jerks and reducing the number of injuries and deaths related to an accident.
However, the high cost and high repair cost of ADAS is expected to restrain the market during the forecast period.
Automotive Safety System Market: Key Segments
- Key Segments by Type: Active Safety System and Passive Safety System
- Key Segments by Vehicle Type: Internal Combustion Engine (ICE), Electric Vehicles (EVs) and
- Key Regions Covered: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World with individual country-level analysis.
Automotive Safety System Market: Report Scope
The report on the automotive safety system market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2019-2024 (2019 estimated year, forecasted up to 2024)
Value (USD Million) Volume (Units)
Type, Vehicle Type, and Region
Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, Rest of the World
Key Companies Covered
- Robert Bosch GmbH (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Autoliv Inc.
- DENSO CORPORATION
- Magna International Inc.
- Continental AG
- ZF Friedrichshafen AGs
- HYUNDAI MOBIS
- Valeo SA
- Joyson SAFETY Systems
- Other Key Companies
Automotive Safety Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Automotive Safety System Market, by Type
- Active Safety System
- Anti-Lock Braking Systems (ABS)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Driver Monitoring System (DMS)
- Blind Spot Detection (BSD)
- Night Vision System (NVS)
- Passive Safety System
- Occupant Sensing System
- Whiplash Protection
- Child Safety System
- Pedestrian Safety System
Automotive Safety System Market, by Vehicle Type
- Internal Combustion Engine (ICE)
- Electric Vehicles (EVs)
Automotive Safety System Market, by Region
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- North America
- Rest of Europe
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the major developments impacting the global market and its growth?
- What will be the effects of key developments in the global market on the industry and the global market players in the near and far future?
- What are the evolving types of the global market?
- What are the evolving applications of the global market?
- What are the major characteristics that will affect the global market growth during the study period?
- Who are the key global players operating in the global market?
- How are the major players leveraging in the existing global market conditions?
- Automotive Safety System Market Providers
- Automotive Safety System Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Automotive Safety System Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE AUTOMOTIVE SAFETY SYSTEM MARKET STUDY
1.1 Research Objectives
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Research Scope
1.4 Regional Coverage
1.5 Research Timeline
2 RESEARCH DESIGN & SCOPE
2.2 Primary Research
2.2.1 Key Industry Expert Insight
2.3 Secondary Research
2.3.1 Vital Data from Secondary Sources
2.4 Market Size Estimation
2.5 Data Validation & Triangulation
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.2.1. Rising Awareness Towards Safety & Security
4.2.2. Increasing Vehicle Population in Emerging Regions
4.3.1 High Cost of Safety System
4.4.1 Growing Demand for Electric Vehicle
4.4.2 Increasing Demand for Advanced Safety System
4.5.1 Sustaining Balance Between Cost & Quality
5 INDUSTRY TRENDS – PORTERS FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
5.1.1. Power of Buyers
5.1.2. Power of Suppliers
5.1.3. Intensity of Competition
5.1.4. Challenges of Substitutes
5.1.5. Challenges of New Entrants
5.2 Macro-Economic Indicators
6 AUTOMOTIVE SAFETY SYSTEM MARKET BY TYPE, Market Size in USD Million and Units (2017—2024)
6.2 Active Safety System
6.2.1 Anti-Lock Braking Systems (ABS)
6.2.2 Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
6.2.3 Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
6.2.4 Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS)
6.2.5 Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
6.2.6 Driver Monitoring System (DMS)
6.2.7 Blind Spot Detection (BSD)
6.2.8 Night Vision System (NVS)
6.3 Passive Safety System
6.3.3 Occupant Sensing System
6.3.4 Whiplash Protection
6.3.5 Child Safety System
6.3.6 Pedestrian Safety System
7 AUTOMOTIVE SAFETY SYSTEM MARKET BY VEHICLE TYPE, Market Size in USD Million and Units (2017—2024)
7.2 Internal Combustion Engine (ICE)
7.3 Electric Vehicles (EVs)
8 AUTOMOTIVE SAFETY SYSTEM MARKET BY REGION, Market Size in USD Million and Units (2017—2024)
8.1 North America
8.2.7 Rest of Europe
8.3.4 South Korea
8.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
8.4 Middle East & Africa Rest of the World
9 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
9.2 Market Ranking/Share Analysis of Key Companies
9.3 Company Benchmarking
10 COMPANY PROFILES
10.1 Robert Bosch GmbH
10.1.1 Company Overview
10.1.2 Financial Overview
10.1.3 Products/Solutions/Services Offered
10.1.4 Key Developments
10.1.5 SWOT Analysis
10.2 Autoliv Inc.
10.3 DENSO CORPORATION
10.4 Magna International Inc.
10.5 Continental AG
10.6 ZF Friedrichshafen AG
10.7 HYUNDAI MOBIS
10.9 Valeo SA
10.10 Joyson Safety Systems
11.1 Key Industry Expert Insights
11.2 Primary Discussion Guide
11.3 Customization Options
Note1: Tentative table of contents, may get updated during the course of research.
Note2: Company financial information is subject to availability in public domain
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE STUDY