AUTOMOTIVE DIAGNOSTIC SCAN TOOLS MARKET: Summary
The Global Automotive Diagnostic Scan Tools Market is projected to reach around USD 57.1 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 4.9%.
An automotive diagnostic scan tool is an electronic device used to interface with vehicle control modules and to diagnose faults, reprogram, and fix them. The diagnostic scan tool is highly efficient with multifunctional capabilities that can read highly complex codes while analyzing powertrain, chassis, and body diagnostics. This tool is connected to vehicle on-board computer through which the breakdown such as check engine light, shifting, hesitation, gas mileage, rough idle, emissions quality, performance, and others is diagnosed and repaired. This is extensively used for all types of vehicles ranging from the passenger car, light commercial vehicle to heavy commercial vehicle.
AUTOMOTIVE DIAGNOSTIC SCAN TOOLS MARKET: Drivers & Restraint
- Increasing Vehicle Production
Change is economic status in developing countries like India, Malaysia, and others have shifted consumer’s preference to purchase premium vehicles. Most of these vehicles have a built-in computer and various advanced electronic systems and these systems can go faulty anytime due to manufacturing defects, mechanical shock, or wear and tear. Hence, growing vehicle production and sales have increased the production of diagnostic scan tools like testers, analyzers, and scanners which help in fixing problems in vehicles. For instance, in 2018 globally around 86 million passenger cars were sold from which 30 million were SUVs also the sales of electric vehicles have increased by 74%.
Thus, increasing vehicle production is expected to drive the automotive diagnostic scan tools market growth during the forecast period.
- Stringent Regulations for Lowering Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) Emission
Strict regulations are imposed such as Bharat Stage Emission Standards (BSES), United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), Clean Air Act, and others for reducing CO2 emission. With growing environmental concerns, the government of most of the countries have made vehicle On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) technology, inspection and maintenance checks compulsory.
For instance, the Clean Air Act needs 33 state and local regions to conduct vehicle maintenance and inspection programs to address the issues for vehicle emissions and help in meeting the air quality standards by use of OBD technology.
So, stringent regulations imposed for lowering VOC emission is anticipated to boost the market growth during the forecast period.
- High Cost of Advanced Diagnostic Equipment
The increased complexity with constant advancement in-vehicle computer technology, the diagnosis has become difficult as the equipment required to analyze the cause of the problem is expensive. Advanced diagnostic scan tool uses new technologies which are costly compared to conventional on-board diagnostic (OBD) system. Thus, the cost of the system increases due to the usage of expensive technologies which further increases the overall cost of the vehicle.
Hence, the high cost of advanced diagnostic equipment is a restraining factor for automotive diagnostic scan tools market growth during the assessment period.
Automotive Diagnostic Scan Tools market: Key segments
- By Product Type: Diagnostic Software and Diagnostic Hardware.
- By Equipment Type: Exhaust Gas Analyzer, Engine Code Readers, Dynamometer, Wheel Alignment Tester, Paint Scanner Equipment, Headlight Tester, Vehicle Emission Test System, and Others.
- By Propulsion: Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) and Electric Vehicles.
- By Vehicle Type: Passenger Cars, Light-Duty Vehicle (LDV) and Heavy-Duty Vehicle (HDV).
- By Region Covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Automotive Diagnostic Scan Tools MARKET: Report SCOPE
The report on the global automotive diagnostic scan tools market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million), Volume (Units)
Product Type, Equipment Type, Propulsion and Vehicle Type
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South Africa
KEY Companies Covered
- Robert Bosch GmbH (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Continental AG
- DENSO CORPORATION
- Snap-on Incorporated
- ACTIA Group
- Softing AG
- AVL List GmbH
- Fluke Corporation
- Other Key Companies
Automotive Diagnostic Scan Tools MARKET: report segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Automotive Diagnostic Scan Tools Market, by Product Type
- Diagnostic Software
- Diagnostic Hardware
Automotive Diagnostic Scan Tools Market, by Equipment Type
- Exhaust Gas Analyzer
- Engine Code Readers
- Wheel Alignment Tester
- Paint Scanner Equipment
- Headlight Tester
- Vehicle Emission Test System
Automotive Diagnostic Scan Tools Market, by Propulsion
- Internal Combustion Engine (ICE)
- Electric Vehicles
- Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV)
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV)
- Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV)
- Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle (FCEV)
Automotive Diagnostic Scan Tools Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Cars
- Light-Duty Vehicle (LDV)
- Heavy-Duty Vehicle (HDV)
Automotive Diagnostic Scan Tools Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market globally and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market worldwide?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the world?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario globally?
- Automotive Diagnostic Scan Tools Market Providers
- Automotive Diagnostic Scan Tools Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Automotive Diagnostic Scan Tools Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE AUTOMOTIVE DIAGNOSTIC SCAN TOOLS MARKET STUDY