ANTIFREEZE PROTEINS MARKET: SUMMARY
The Global Antifreeze Proteins Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 21.3 million by 2027 at a CAGR of around 25.7%.
Antifreeze Protein is a polypeptide compound synthesized by various organisms such as plants, fish, fungi, and bacteria to enable their cell to survive the sub-zero environment. They are also known as Ice Structuring Proteins (ISPs). Antifreeze proteins have a unique ability to reduce the freezing point of water without significantly affecting the melting point. Thermal hysteresis, protective action of ice-nucleating agents, ice Re-crystallization inhibition (IRI), and interaction with membrane proteins (Pathogenesis) are unique properties possessed by antifreeze protein, because of which it is been used for preservation of biological sample at very low temperature.
ANTIFREEZE PROTEINS MARKET: DRIVERS & CHALLENGES
- Increasing Use in Biomedical Application
Antifreeze protein is used for the application of organ transplant, vaccination, cryosurgeries, and others which involves freezing body tissues for later use or preservation. Rise in disease prevalence in recent years has fueled the demand from the healthcare sector for contributing more attention to investments in processes and technologies to ensure better life of patients. Thus, these factors are expected to boost the demand for biomedical applications. For instance, the use of cryonics for preserving the human body or any organ. But tissues deteriorate rapidly and do not remain viable on ice for longer. Thus, antifreeze protein helps lower freezing point and counteract the recrystallization effect, helping to preserve human organs without getting damaged. Moreover, the use of protein in vaccination storage and transplantation is expected to boost market growth in the coming years.
- Advancement in Technology to Enhance Fish Farming in Cold Climate
Fish are one of the major source of obtaining antifreeze protein. Low temperature encourages to stimulates the synthesis of antifreeze protein in the larger amount. In cool water of moderate climate zone, the amount of antifreeze protein produced in fish is less than as compared to cooler climates. For instance, research & Development made by TU/e University (Netherlands), for extraction of antifreeze proteins from polar fish such as snow scorpionflies, antarctic fish, and other cold climate fishes. Thus, technological advancement for enhancing fish farming in the cooler climate which in turn is expected to drive the market growth.
- High Cost Incurred in Production
The largest direct cost incurred by the companies while manufacturing any product, which includes the cost of research, power & utilities, labor, consumables, and others. For instance, extraction of antifreeze protein from fish is a complex process and also involves various activities which requires significant investment. Thus, high cost of production is one of the major restraining factor which may hinder the growth of antifreeze protein market during the forecasted period.
ANTIFREEZE PROTEINS MARKET: KEY SEGMENTS
- Segmentation based on type: Type I, Type II, Antifreeze Glycoprotein, and Others
- Segmentation based on formulation: Solid and Liquid
- Segmentation based on end-use: Medical, Cosmetics, Food & Beverage, and Others
- Segmentation based on source: Plants, Fish, Insects, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
ANTIFREEZE PROTEINS MARKET: REPORT SCOPE
The report on the antifreeze proteins market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million), Volume (Kilo Gram)
Type, Formulation, End-user, Source and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South Africa
KEY COMPANIES COVERED
- A/F Protein Inc. (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- KANEKA CORPORATION
- Protokinetix Inc.
- Other Key Companies
ANTIFREEZE PROTEINS MARKET: REPORT SEGMENTATION
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Antifreeze Proteins Market, by Type
- Type I
- Type II
- Antifreeze Glycoprotein
Antifreeze Proteins Market, by Formulation
Antifreeze Proteins Market, by End-use
- Food & Beverages
Antifreeze Proteins Market, by Source
Antifreeze Proteins Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED BY THE REPORT
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Antifreeze Proteins Market Providers
- Antifreeze Proteins Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Antifreeze Protein Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE ANTIFREEZE PROTEIN MARKET STUDY