Aircraft Lighting Market: Summary
The Global Aircraft Lighting Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 2.8 Billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 5.6%.
Aircrafts are fitted with numerous lights used for navigation, emergency, visibility and other purposes. Aircraft lights are fitted on the exterior side of the airplane and in the interiors also for illumination. Exterior lights give illumination for process such as landing at night, to avoid collision during flight, for inspecting the ground before landing, and signaling ground staff. Lights fitted in the interior gives visible radiations for cockpits, cabins, signage, and other sections within the airplane.
Aircraft Lighting Market: Drivers & Challenges
- Growing Adoption of Mood Lighting
Currently, global players in the market are constantly focusing on developing new technologies such as mood lighting. The mood lighting in the cabin of the airplane can be used for boarding, dining, and other such scenarios. It can modify the appearance and ambience of the cabin creating pleasant, warm surrounding for the passengers. These mood lightings are made by fitting various colored LED lights in the seats and in the cabin of the airplane. In 2017, Brussels Airlines launched Tomorrowland themed plane Amare in that mood lighting was used to create ambience of the Tomorrowland festival for the passengers. Moreover, many airlines started upgrading their existing interiors with mood lighting.
Thus, growing adoption of mood lighting may contribute to the growth of the aircraft lighting market, during the forecast period.
- High Up-Front Cost of LED Lights
Currently LED lights are costly, price per lumen, compared to other types of light sources. The LEDs are more frequently used in the airplane than most of the conventional technologies which results in higher initial capital investment in the lightings. Although the high cost of the LEDs is counterbalanced by less energy consumption and less maintenance cost. The manufacturers of the LEDs may work upon reducing production cost of the LEDs and improving the output light of the lights.
Thus, high up-front cost of LEDs may hamper the growth of the aircraft lighting market, during the forecast period.
Aircraft Lighting Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on illumination technology covers: Light Emitting Diode (LED), Fluorescent, and Incandescent
- Segmentation based on type covers: Exterior, Interior, and Emergency
- Segmentation based on aircraft type covers: Single Aisle Aircraft, Twin Aisle Aircraft, Business and General Aviation, and Others
- Segmentation based on sales channel covers: Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and Aftermarket
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East & Africa with individual country-level analysis.
Aircraft Lighting Market: Report Scope
The report on the aircraft lighting market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Illumination Technology, Type, Aircraft Type, Sales Channel, and Region
North America, South America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa
KEY Companies Covered
- Astronics Corporation (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Diehl Stiftung & Co. KG
- Whelen Aerospace Technologies
- Cobham PLC
- Oxley Group
- Other Key Companies
Aircraft Lighting Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Aircraft Lighting Market, by Illumination Technology
- Light Emitting Diode (LED)
Aircraft Lighting Market, by Type
Aircraft Lighting Market, by Aircraft Type
- Single Aisle Aircraft
- Twin Aisle Aircraft
- Business and General Aviation
Aircraft Lighting Market, by Sales Channel
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
Aircraft Lighting Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Aircraft lighting Market Providers
- Aircraft lighting Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Aircraft lighting market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE AIRCRAFT LIGHTING MARKET STUDY