Aircraft Communication System Market: Summary
The Global Aircraft Communication System Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 7.8 Billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 9.5%.
Aircrafts have communication systems for the purpose of voice reception and transmission of messages from air-to-ground, between two aircrafts, and also cabin communication. The aircrafts are equipped with various devices as the communication systems not only help in communication but also helps in the navigation, surveillance and air traffic management. The communication takes place using radio frequency, satellite, datalink and other such technologies.
Aircraft Communication System Market: Drivers & Challenges
- Growing Demand for Software Defined Radios
The aircraft manufacturers prefer software defined radios (SDR) as it is one of the emerging class of wireless communication technology. Implementing SDRs in the communication systems transforms the approach of the system from hardware focused to software focused. The SDR have the capability to tune any frequency band, execute various types of modulation and demodulation techniques in the same device because of the adapting hardware and software configuration. SDRs are capable of catering flexible, multi-standard, and durable radio equipment for civil as well as military communication infrastructure.
Thus, growing demand for SDRs may contribute to the growth of the aircraft communication system market, during the forecast period.
Currently, wireless technology is more preferred in every type of communication system because of various advantages, but at the same time that makes the system prone to cyber-attacks also. Aircraft Communications, Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS), is used for air-ground datalink communication, in which the transfer of message takes place using wireless channel. There is a possibility of privacy breach for stakeholders, cyber-attack on the system, and other such possible mishaps.
Thus, data security issues may hamper the growth of the aircraft communication system market, during the forecast period.
Aircraft Communication System Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on component covers: Antennas, Transponder, Transmitter, Microphones, and Others
- Segmentation based on communication technology covers: High Frequency Communication, Very High Frequency Communication, Satellite Communication, Datalink, and Others
- Segmentation based on system covers: Audio Integrating System, Communication Radio, Radio Tuning System, Cockpit Voice Recorder System and Others
- Segmentation based on aircraft type covers: Single Aisle Aircraft, Twin Aisle Aircraft, Business and General Aviation, and Others
- Segmentation based on sales channel covers: Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and Aftermarket
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East & Africa with individual country-level analysis.
Aircraft Communication System Market: Report Scope
The report on the aircraft communication system market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Component, Communication Technology, System, Aircraft Type, Sales Channel, and Region
North America, South America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa
Key Companies Covered
- Honeywell International Inc. (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Cobham Limited
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Collins Aerospace, a United Technologies company
- Thales Group
- Raytheon Company
- L3Harris Technologies
- Iridium Communications Inc.
- General Dynamics Mission Systems, Inc.
- Viasat, Inc.
- Other Key Companies
Aircraft Communication System Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Aircraft Communication System Market, by Component
Aircraft Communication System Market, by Communication Technology
- High Frequency Communication (HF)
- Very High Frequency Communication (VHF)
- Satellite Communication (SATCOM)
Aircraft Communication System Market, by System
- Audio Integrating System
- Communication Radio
- Radio Tuning System
- Cockpit Voice Recorder System
Aircraft Communication System Market, by Aircraft Type
- Single Aisle Aircraft
- Twin Aisle Aircraft
- Business and General Aviation
Aircraft Communication System Market, by Sales Channel
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
Aircraft Communication System Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Aircraft Communication System Market Providers
- Aircraft Communication System Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Aircraft Communication System Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE AIRCRAFT COMMUNICATION System MARKET STUDY