Aircraft Battery Market by Offering (Battery, Battery Management System, Services), by Aircraft Type (Commercial, Military), by Application (Canopy Operation, Emergency) by Region (Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, South America, North America) – Global Forecast 2018 to 2025
Aircraft Battery Market: Summary
The Global Aircraft Battery Market is estimated to reach USD 0.7 Billion by 2025 at a CAGR of 7.1%, observers forencis research (FSR).
Battery is an equipment used to convert chemical energy into electrical energy. Aircrafts need battery to start the engine or the auxiliary power unit (APU) and to power up the electrical system during pre-flight. Also in case of emergency like failure of in-flight electrical generation, batteries are required to provide power to essential loads until the aircraft lands and the passengers are evacuated. Other major functions performed by batteries include, providing buffer to regulate DC network voltage, restarting the engine in case of engine flame-out. Thus, aircraft batteries are important component of the aircraft which need to be maintained with care.
Aircraft Battery Market: Drivers & Challenges
- Increasing Adoption of Electric Aviation
Using electric aviation is a forward-looking option in aviation industry as it helps in cutting prices on fuel, reduction in emissions and a great initiative towards cleaner environment. Other benefits of electric aviation are less noise with high rate of climb, better performance at higher altitudes. Battery becomes a crucial component for the electric aviation as the electrical energy required will be provided by the battery.
Thus, increasing adoption of electric aviation may contribute in the growth of the aircraft battery market, during the forecasted period.
- Increasing Adoption of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
In recent years there are significant developments in the unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) segment worldwide. UAVs are utilized in numerous sectors like military, disaster management, agriculture, utility, amongst others. UAVs are functioning on batteries attached to them. Increasing number of applications of UAVs boosts the market for aircraft batteries.
Thus, increasing adoption of unmanned aerial vehicles may drive the overall growth of the aircraft battery market, during the forecast period.
- Low Current Density
Currently, the aircraft batteries available in the market are unable to provide the power-to-weight ratio to attain feasible aviation. The current density of present products is very low compared which makes combustion based process economically feasible. The aircraft manufacturers need to design better aircrafts which requires lesser power to use complete electrical system.
Thus, lower current density can be challenging for the growth of the aircraft battery market, during the forecast period.
Aircraft Battery Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on offering covers: Battery, Battery Management System, and Maintenance Services.
- Segmentation based on type covers: Lead Acid, Nickel Cadmium (NiCd), Nickel-Metal Hydride (Ni-MH), and Lithium-ion.
- Segmentation based on aircraft type covers: Commercial, Helicopter, Business Jet and
- Segmentation based on application covers: Auxiliary Power Unit, Canopy Operation, Emergency, Control Backup, and
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Aircraft Battery Market: Report Scope
The report on the aircraft battery market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2025 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2025)
Value (USD Million)
Offering, Type, Aircraft Type, Application and Region
Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, South Africa and North America
Key Companies Covered
- Saft Groupe S.A. (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Concorde Battery
- GS Yuasa Corporation
- EaglePicher Technologies
- Marvel Aero International, Inc.
- MarathonNorco Aerospace, Inc.
- Sichuan Changhong Battery Co., Ltd
- Mid-Continent Instrument Co., Inc.
- Sion Power Corporation
- Other Key Companies
Aircraft Battery Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Aircraft Battery Market, by Offering
- Battery Management System
Aircraft Battery Market, by Type
- Lead Acid
- Nickel Cadmium (NiCd)
- Nickel-Metal Hydride (Ni-MH)
Aircraft Battery Market, by Aircraft Type
- Business Jet
Aircraft Battery Market, by Application
- Auxiliary Power Unit
- Canopy Operation
- Control Backup
Aircraft Battery Market, by Region
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the major developments impacting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the effects of the developments in the global market on the industry and on the market players in the near and far future?
- What are the evolving types of the global market?
- What are the evolving applications of global market?
- What are the major characteristics that will affect the global market growth during the study period?
- Who are the key global players operating in the market?
- How are the major players leveraging in the existing global market conditions?
- Aircraft Battery Market Providers
- Aircraft Battery Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Aircraft Battery Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE AIRCRAFT BATTERY MARKET STUDY
1.1 Research Objectives
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Research Scope
1.4 Regional Coverage
1.5 Research Timeline
2 RESEARCH DESIGN & SCOPE
2.2 Primary Research
2.2.1 Key Industry Expert Insight
2.3 Secondary Research
2.3.1 Vital Data from Secondary Sources
2.4 Market Size Estimation
2.5 Data Validation & Triangulation
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.2.1. Increasing Adoption of Electric Aviation
4.2.2. Increasing Adoption of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
4.3.1. Adopting Fuel Cell Technology
4.4.1. Low Current Density
5 INDUSTRY TRENDS – PORTERS FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
5.1.1. Power of Buyers
5.1.2. Power of Suppliers
5.1.3. Intensity of Competition
5.1.4. Challenges of Substitutes
5.1.5. Challenges of New Entrants
5.2 Macro-Economic Indicators
6 GLOBAL AIRCRAFT BATTERY MARKET BY OFFERING, Market Size in USD Million (2018—2025)
6.3 Battery Management System
6.4 Maintenance Services
7 GLOBAL AIRCRAFT BATTERY MARKET BY TYPE, Market Size in USD Million (2018—2025)
7.2 Lead Acid
7.3 Nickel Cadmium (NiCd)
7.4 Nickel-Metal Hydride (Ni-MH)
8 GLOBAL AIRCRAFT BATTERY MARKET BY AIRCRAFT TYPE, Market Size in USD Million (2018—2025)
8.4 Business Jet
9 GLOBAL AIRCRAFT BATTERY MARKET BY APPLICATION, Market Size in USD Million (2018—2025)
9.2 Auxiliary Power Unit
9.3 Canopy Operation
9.5 Control Backup
10 GLOBAL AIRCRAFT BATTERY MARKET BY END USER, Market Size in USD Million (2018—2025)
10.2 Original Equipment Manufacturer
11 GLOBAL AIRCRAFT BATTERY MARKET BY REGION, Market Size in USD Million (2018—2025)
11.1 North America
11.2.6 Rest of Europe
11.3.4 South Korea
11.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
11.4 Middle East and Africa
11.4.1 Saudi Arabia
11.4.3 Rest of Middle East and Africa
11.5 South America
11.5.3 Rest of South America
12 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
12.2 Market Ranking/Share Analysis of Key Companies
12.3 Company Benchmarking
13 COMPANY PROFILES
13.1 Saft Groupe S.A.
13.1.1 Company Overview
13.1.2 Financial Overview
13.1.3 Products/Solutions/Services Offered
13.1.4 Key Developments
13.1.5 SWOT Analysis
13.2 Concorde Battery
13.3 GS Yuasa Corporation
13.5 EaglePicher Technologies
13.6 Marvel Aero International, Inc.
13.7 MarathonNorco Aerospace, Inc.
13.8 Sichuan Changhong Battery Co., Ltd
13.9 Mid-Continent Instrument Co., Inc.
13.10 Sion Power Corporation
13.11 Other Key Companies
14.1 Key Industry Expert Insights
14.2 Primary Discussion Guide
14.3 Customization Options
Note1: Tentative table of contents, may get updated during the course of research.
Note2: Company financial information is subject to availability in public domain
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE STUDY
Forencis Research follows robust and deep dive research methodologies to deliver accurate – current, estimated and forecasted market data. Our extensive primary and secondary research help in deriving reliable qualitative and quantitative data to provide verified market insights. Our research team tracks historic trends, existing and recent market dynamics, growth prospects, competitor landscape, and the entire value chain dynamics to attain reliable industry facts to reach accurate market estimates. Primary research is conducted through thorough interviews and detailed surveys with the Key Industry Experts and related participants across the value chain. Secondary research entails acquiring data through paid and reliable databases such as annual reports, SEC filings, research publications, association publications, investor presentations, white papers and other sources. All the above-obtained information is further processed and collated with our existing database prior to its presentation in our publications.
About Forencis Research
Forencis Research is a B2B market research, intelligence and advisory firm engaging in market research and consulting services across leading industries, globally. Our robust and meticulous research team provides high growth and niche syndicated reports, customized reports and consulting reports to the diverse global fortune clientele and intellectual institutions. Forencis Research database is a constantly evolving pool of reports and white paper studies which helps companies to foster accelerated revenue growth in global and regional markets. Forencis Research delivers market research and consulting reports on high growth markets to help companies dominate their competition and set themselves apart by attaining increased revenue growth. To enable exclusive insights around the target market, Forencis Research employs robust research Methodology & Design which includes data acquisition, data synthesis and data correlation, through Primary and Secondary Research. Through the obtained data, Top-down and bottom-up methods are exercised to attain and verify data sanity within the entire market. This market data is yet again correlated with Forencis Research’s internal database before presenting it in any of our final publications. These methods of data correlation and amalgamation benefit us to put forward accurate market estimates enabling our clients to transform their business, markets and most importantly their “REVENUES”.
Single User PDF – $ 5,600
Multiple User PDF – $ 7,500
Key Questions Answered by the Report
- Major factors impacting the market and its growth
- Evolving Types of the various products in the Market
- Evolving Application of the various products in the Market
- Growing countries in the Global Market
- Effects of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players
- Key market developments undertaken by the leading players
Customize this Research
- Purchase sections of this report
- Purchase specific country/region analysis
- Avail Data in Preferred Format
- Customize any Type, Application, Geography or Company Profile to attain a Deeper Insight
- Request Updated Version of this Report