Agrigenomics Market: Summary
The Global Agrigenomics Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 19.9billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 6.7%.
A study of the genetic makeup of plants and how these genes play a part to produce the crop is known as agrigenomics. It is also known as agriculture genomics. The use of genomics in agriculture enables improvement in productivity and sustainability in livestock and crop production. With the use of modern technology farmers, breeder, and researchers can easily identify the genetic markers linked to desirable traits, informing cultivation, and breeding decisions. Agrigenomics plays an important role in food sustainability, meeting the rising global demand for food.
Agrigenomics Market: Drivers &restraint
- Technological Advancement for Agrigenomics Sequencing
Agrigenomicsemerging and important field of biology, linking the examination of entire genomes to the agricultural outcome. Genomic selection has been done by various methods, including next-generation sequencing (NGS) and microarrays for genotyping and single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) analysis. Massive developments in NGS technology, in particular, have realized the potential of genotyping by sequencing, (or GBS), and promises to revolutionize the drive to develop varieties of plant crops with, for example, desirable traits such as drought tolerance, disease resistance, and higher yield. Thus, technological advancement in sequencing methods has expected to boost the demand for agrigenomics market during the forecasted period.
- Stringent Regulations on Production of Genetically Modified Crops
Agrigenomics is modifying the genetics of plants to increase the production of crops. These genetically modified crops are helping to meet the needsof rising populations and increase sustainability in the market. However, owing to some of the major disadvantages such as the impact on target species, potential increased weediness, increase toxic level in soil, exchange of genetic material between the transgenic crop and related plant species, and selection for resistance among populations of the target pests. This has attributed to various regulatory bodies such asthe Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) which regulates transgenic crops from a different perspective. Thus, stringent regulation on the production of genetically modified owing to its hazardous effects has expected to hinder the growth of the market.
Agrigenomics Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on type of sequencing: PCR based, Whole Genome, Hybridization-based, Restriction Digest, and others.
- Segmentation based on service offering: Gene Expression Profiling, DNA Fingerprinting, Genotyping, Genetic Purity Assessment, Trait Purity Analysis, and Others.
- Segmentation based on application: Livestock, and Crops.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America with individual country-level analysis.
Agrigenomics Market: Report Scope
The report on the agrigenomics market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Type of Sequencing, Service Offerings, Application, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Eurofins Scientific (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Agilent Technologies, Inc
- Thermo Fisher Scientific' Inc.
- LGS Limited.
- Illumina, Inc.
- Zoetis Services LLC.
- NEOGEN CORPORATION
- GalseqSrl Via Italia
- Agrigenomics' Inc.
- Biogenetic Services' Inc.
- Edico Genome
- SciGenom Labs Pvt. Ltd
- Genotypic Technology Pvt Ltd
- Other Key Companies
Agrigenomics Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Agrigenomics Market, by Type of Sequencing
- PCR based
- Whole Genome
- Restriction Digest
Agrigenomics Market, by Service Offerings
- Gene Expression Profiling
- DNA Fingerprinting
- Genetic Purity Assessment
- Trait Purity Analysis
Agrigenomics Market, by Application
Agrigenomics Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Agrigenomics Market Providers
- Agrigenomics Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Agrigenomics Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE AGRIGENOMICS MARKET STUDY