Aerospace Plastics Market: Summary
The Global Aerospace Plastics Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 26.5 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 6.9%.
The Plastic is one of the important component in the aerospace industry, which helps to reduce the overall weight of an aircraft as well as enhance the efficiency of fuel. Whereas, it also benefits the aerospace industry with the features such as lightweight, corrosion-resistance, impact-resistance, chemical-resistance and durable. Moreover, the aerospace plastics are used for assembling heads-up-displays, night vision systems, and various other military and aerospace applications.
Hence, the plastic is mostly being used for interior applications, such as air ducts, cabin partitions, floor panels and overhead luggage bin. These will lead to boost the demand of the aerospace plastics market in the forecast period.
Aerospace Plastics Market: Drivers & Restraints
- Growing Demand For Lightweight And Next-Generation Aircraft
With the growing demand for lightweight and next-generation aircraft is witness to fuel the growth of the market in the forecast period. According to the International Air Transport Association (IATA), the aerospace industry is working together to improve the fuel efficiency by an average of 1.5% per year and minimize carbon emissions to 50% by 2050. Moreover, the manufacturers are utilizing plastics in interior applications for improved aesthetics as well as to enhance the space within the aircraft interior.
Furthermore, the Advisory Council for Aeronautics Research in Europe (ACARE) has compulsory all aircraft OEMs to comply with certain rules with a vision to maintain a stable and clean environment by 2020. Hence, the rising demand for the lightweight, fuel efficient as well as next generation aircraft are significantly lead to boost the plastics adoption for various aerospace applications.
One of the major key concern of the aerospace plastics market is the high cost of materials which may restraining factor for the growth of the market. Whereas, the fluctuating in the price of the raw materials is also one of the major concern issue of the market growth. Moreover, the high cost of fabrication as well as the shortage in the material is hampering the aerospace plastics market growth.
Hence, the limited of standardization in manufacturing technologies as well skilled professionals is create a major restraining factor for the growth of aerospace plastics market in the forecast period.
Aerospace Plastics Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on Material Type: Polyether Ether Ketone (PEEK), Poly Methyl Methacrylate (PMMA), Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS), Polycarbonates (PC), Polyphenylene sulfide (PPS) and Others.
- Segmentation based on Aircraft Type: Commercial, Military and Rotorcraft.
- Segmentation based on Application: Aerostructure, Cabin Interiors, Propulsion Systems, Equipment, Systems & Support, Satellites, Construction and Insulation Components.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America with individual country-level analysis.
Aerospace Plastics Market: Report Scope
The report on the aerospace plastics market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Material Type, Aircraft Type, Application, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Solvay (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Victrex plc.
- Drake Plastics
- BASF SE
- Evonik Industries AG
- Hyosung Corp
- KAMAN CORPORATION
- Big Bear Plastic Products Limited
- Loar Group, Inc.
- Other Key Companies
Aerospace Plastics Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Aerospace Plastics Market, by Material Type
- Polyether Ether Ketone (PEEK)
- Poly Methyl Methacrylate (PMMA)
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
- Polycarbonates (PC)
- Polyphenylene sulfide (PPS)
Aerospace Plastics Market, by Aircraft Type
Aerospace Plastics Market, by Application
- Cabin Interiors
- Propulsion Systems
- Equipment, Systems & Support
- Construction and Insulation Components
Aerospace Plastics Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Aerospace Plastics Market Providers
- Aerospace Plastics Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Aerospace Plastics Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE AEROSPACE PLASTICS MARKET STUDY