Aerodynamic Market for Automotive: Summary
The Global Aerodynamic Market for Automotive is projected to reach around USD 35.6 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 4.4%.
Aerodynamic is a study that is associated with moving objects through air and a force is developed by relative motion between the surface of body and air. Automobiles with aerodynamic shape or design run faster. And since the air passes over the vehicle more easily, it uses less fuel as compared to other vehicles. The benefits of aerodynamic in vehicles increases stability and helps in reducing noise level. It also adds a stylish appearance to the vehicle.
Aerodynamic Market for Automotive: Drivers & Restraint
- Strict Regulations Imposed On Vehicle Noise Limits
Aerodynamic sources are important for both vehicle interior and exterior noise. Noise can be controlled by using pneumatic silencers, quiet fan technology, and quiet air nozzles from aerodynamic sources. Noise is an immense ecological problem which also endangers human health. It increases blood pressure and results in disorders of the nervous, digestive, and cardiovascular system. Hence, to promote better health, the European Parliament and the Council of Europe proposed new noise limits for road vehicles by adopting new noise testing methods.
Hence, strict regulations imposed on vehicle noise limits are expected to boost the aerodynamic market for automotive growth.
- Increasing Fuel-Efficiency of Vehicles
The aerodynamic lift process helps in a weight reduction of the vehicle and also reduces fuel consumption. By using aerodynamic components like gap fairings, side skirts and wind deflectors can lower the fuel consumption in vehicles. Also, automotive manufacturers are focusing on using lightweight materials like magnesium, aluminum, and polymer matrix composites (PMCs) for manufacturing of these components which helps in vehicle weight reduction and increases fuel efficiency.
Thus, increasing the fuel-efficiency of vehicles is anticipated to drive the market growth during the forecast period.
The growth of this market is hampered owing to the high integration cost of the material, designing, and products used in the development of maintaining aerodynamic efficiency. To reduce vehicle weight, lightweight materials like magnesium, aluminum is used in aerodynamic components. The cost of raw material, uncertain shortage, and supply-demand gaps have a negative impact on the aerodynamic automotive market. Furthermore, the lack of a constant supply of raw materials results in increasing raw material prices which, escalates the overall product price.
Thus, high integration cost is a restraining factor for the aerodynamic market for automotive growth during the assessment period.
Aerodynamic Market for Automotive: Key segments
- By Mechanism: Active System and Passive System.
- By Application: Spoilers & Wings, Scoops, Air Dams, Splitters & Diffuser, Grille Shutters, Gap Fairing, and Others.
- By Vehicle-Class: Passenger Vehicles, Light Commercial Vehicles, and Heavy Commercial Vehicles.
- Based on Region Covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Aerodynamic Market for Automotive: Report SCOPE
The report on the aerodynamic market for automotive covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million), Volume (Units)
Mechanism, Application, and Vehicle-Class
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South Africa
KEY Companies Covered
- SRG Global (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Magna International Inc.
- Compagnie Plastic Omnium SA
- SMP Deutschland GmbH
- POLYTEC HOLDING AG
- A.P. PLASMAN.
- INOAC CORPORATION
- Johnson Electric Holdings Limited
- Rehau Group
- Other Key Companies
Aerodynamic Market for Automotive: report segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Aerodynamic Market for Automotive, by Mechanism
- Active System
- Passive System
Aerodynamic Market for Automotive, by Application
- Spoilers & Wings
- Air Dams, Splitters & Diffuser
- Grille Shutters
- Gap Fairing
Aerodynamic Market for Automotive, by Vehicle-Class
- Passenger Vehicles
- Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV)
- Luxury/Sports Cars
- Light Commercial Vehicles (LCV)
- Heavy Commercial Vehicles (HCV)
Aerodynamic Market for Automotive, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market globally and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market worldwide?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the world?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario globally?
- Aerodynamic Market for Automotive Providers
- Aerodynamic Market for Automotive Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Aerodynamic Market for Automotive
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE AERODYNAMIC MARKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE STUDY