Adsorbents Market: Summary
The Global Adsorbents Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 6.2 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of 6%.
Adsorption is referred to as the process involving the adhesion of atoms, ions or molecules to the surface. It is one of the easy and efficient processes for separation various fluids and impurities across chemical, petrochemical, pharmaceutical and many other companies. An adsorbents is a substance having the potential of attaching different substances over its surface layer in absence of chemical action. Some of the adsorbents commonly used are molecular sieve, silica gel, activated alumina, carbons, zeolites and clay. In industrial wastewater treatment, activated carbon is used for removing impurities, unpleasant taste, odor and color. Properties such as higher abrasion resistance, better thermal stability along with minute pore diameters extend its application in oil & gas refineries, drug delivery system, packaging and various other areas.
Adsorbents Market: Drivers & Restraint
Growing Application in Wastewater Management
Globally, lack of potable and clean water and the rising generation of waste is one of the main problem present in many parts of the world. Water pollution is threatening the environment and health. Growing global population, ongoing industrialization, depletion of the natural resource with changing climates, is worsening the condition related to wastewater management. To reduce such issues, higher demand for wastewater management leading to more availability of clean water. Municipal, industrial, and natural activities contribute immensely in the liquid wastes posing to severe threats to the environment and human health. To push this further, rising amounts of untreated sewage coupled with higher agricultural runoff has reduced the number of clean water resources around the world. International Water Association states that approximately 80% of total wastewater is discharged into water bodies leading to health, environmental and climate-related hazards.
Fluctuation in Raw Material Prices
The growth of this market is mainly hampered owing to fluctuation in raw material prices. Price fluctuation with the crude oil impacts the overall cost of the adsorbentss. Factors such as demand-supply gaps and production process cost hamper the oil prices. For instance, in the Middle East, extraction and processing of the oil are inexpensive whereas, in Canada, Alberta’s oil sands result costly for extraction, this changes the oil prices. In addition to this, U.S. production has shown directly impact the oil price. Due to the oversupply of oil, there exists a reduction in the production with a decrease in the supply resulting into increase in the prices. Due to this, the raw material prices fluctuate, hampering the adsorbents market
Adsorbents Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on type: Molecular Sieve, Silica Gel, Activated Alumina, Carbons, Zeolites, Clay and Others
- Segmentation based on application: Wastewater Treatment, Refining & Petrochemical, Packaging, Air Separation & Drying and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Adsorbents Market: Report Scope
The report on the ADSORBENTS market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million) Volume (Kiloton)
Type and Application
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- BASF SE (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- W. R. Grace & Co.-Conn.
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Thermax Limited
- Calgon Carbon Corporation
- Cabot Corporation
- Graver Technologies
- Other Key Companies
Adsorbents Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Adsorbents Market, by Type
- Molecular Sieve
- Silica Gel
- Activated Alumina
Adsorbents Market, by Application
- Wastewater Treatment
- Refining & Petrochemical
- Air Separation & Drying
Adsorbents Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- ADSORBENTS Market Providers
- ADSORBENTS Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of ADSORBENTS Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE ADSORBENTS MARKET STUDY