5G CHIPSET MARKET: Summary
The Global 5G Chipset Market is estimated to reach USD 32.6 Billion by 2027 at a CAGR of 49.1%.
Chipset can be defined as an electronic component in which numerous integrated circuits are interconnected. The chipset is used for controlling the flow of data from the central processing units to then external devices. 5G is fifth generation of mobile network, which is better than previous generation in various aspects. 5G technology give users multi-Gbps peaks, very low latency, and uniform experience. As per International Telecommunication Union (ITU) guidelines, downlink peak data rate of 5G technology should be 20 Gbps and for uplink it should be 10 Gbps. The chipsets, which can perform on the 5G bandwidth, are called as 5G chipsets, these are used in smartphones, and internet connected devices, and other internet dependent products and services.
5G CHIPSET MARKET: Drivers & Challenges
- Increasing Adoption of Internet of Things (IoT) Devices
Internet of Things (IoT) is expanding rapidly in every aspect of the daily life. The on-device intelligence is obtaining speed and the number of devices being interconnected are increasing exponentially. IoT devices works on speed of Internet and connection to data services. Deployment of 5G network may increase the speed of operation of devices compared to conventional mobile data networks. Moreover, concepts such as smart factory and smart cities are also attaining momentum that can surge the demand of 5G technology.
Thus, increasing adoption of IoT devices may contribute in the growth of the 5G chipset market, during the forecast period.
- Increasing Demand of High Speed Internet
Mobile data services are used largely helps in interaction of users with services such as high definition videos, augmented reality, and mobile cloud. The advancement in internet services may also result in increasing mobile traffic worldwide opening window for further development in the industry. Implementation of 5G may ease interconnection of user and devices by providing high speed, less power consumption of devices and low latency. The number devices connected in the network can be increased drastically as 5G can cater large number of devices without delay in speed.
Thus, increasing demand of high-speed internet may contribute in the growth of the 5G chipset market, during the forecast period.
- Policy and Regulatory Modernisation
Currently there are no structured governance framework regarding installation and deployment of 5G technology and its infrastructure. The local and national governing authorities can make the deployment easier by defining policy framework thatmay help in attaining investments. Moreover, simplifying permit processes and regulations regarding building and buying signals by eliminating red tapism can also help operators. Government authorities can bring together network operators, investors, local governing officials, and private sector by modernising policies and regulations.
Thus, policy and regulatory modernisation may be a challenging factor for the growth of the 5G chipset market, during the forecast period.
5G CHIPSET MARKET: Key Segments
- Based on IC type segmentation comprises of: Radio Frequency IC, Application Specific IC, System-on-Chip (SoC), Cellular IC, and Millimetre Wave IC.
- Based on frequency range segmentation comprises of: Sub-1GHz, 1GHz-6GHz, and Above 6GHz.
- Based on application segmentation comprises of: Consumer Electronics, Infrastructure Solutions, Customer-premises Equipment, and Others.
- Based on end user segmentation comprises of: Automotive, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Entertainment and Others.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East & Africa, with individual country-level analysis.
5G CHIPSET MARKET: Report Scope
The report on the 5G chipset market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
IC Type, Frequency Range, Application, End User, and Region
Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, South America and North America
KEY Companies Covered
- Qualcomm, Inc. (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Broadcom Inc.
- Intel Corporation
- MediaTek Inc.
- Analog Devices Inc.
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Xilinx, Inc.
- Other Key Companies
5G CHIPSET MARKET: Report Segmentation
For the scope of report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
5G Chipset Market, by IC Type
- Radio Frequency IC (RFIC)
- Application Specific IC (ASIC)
- System-on-Chip (SoC)
- Cellular IC
- Millimetre Wave IC
5G Chipset Market, by Frequency Range
- Above 6GHz
5G Chipset Market, by Application
- Consumer Electronics
- Infrastructure Solutions
- Customer-premises Equipment
5G Chipset Market, by End User
5G Chipset Market, by Region
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the major developments influencing the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the effects of the developments in the global market on the industry and on the market players in the near and far future?
- What are the evolving types of the global market?
- What are the evolving applications of global market?
- What are the major characteristics that will affect the global market growth during the study period?
- Whom are the key global players operating in the market?
- How are the major players leveraging in the existing global market conditions?
- 5G Chipset Market Providers
- 5G Chipset Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of 5G chipset Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE 5G CHIPSET MARKET STUDY