3D SCANNING MARKET: Summary
The Global 3D Scanning Market is projected to reach a value of USD 6778.35 million by 2027 at a CAGR of 7.8%.
3D scanning is refers to the process of analyzing an object from the real world for the purpose to collect data to recreate its shape and appearance. It can also be used for reverse engineering and computer-aided inspections (CAI). It helps to quickly capture the physical measurements of a physical object. The global 3D scanning market is rising with the growing demand for 3D printers. However, the potential copyright issue is expected to hinder the growth of the market.
3D SCANNING MARKET: Market Dynamics
- Growth Deployment in the Healthcare Sector
- The growth deployment for reconstructive surgeries in the healthcare sector lead to play a significant role in the 3D scanning market. As it helps the doctor to give the exact image of the patients as well as allow them to study different solutions without testing the patients directly
- In November 2020, the Veterans Health Administration had collaborated with 3D Systems to establish the FDA-compliant medical device manufacturing facilities using additive solutions. This VA network will streamline its supply chain as well as boost the innovation to improve the personalized care for their patients in U.S. Veterans
- In December 2019, GE Healthcare invests in the future of healthcare with 3D Printing, robotic surgery as well as virtual patient monitoring collaborations. Hence this investment and collaboration will lead to boost the growth of the market in the forecast period
- However, 3D scanning is a non-contact technique that supports the thoracic chest scanning for Covid-19. Hence, the outbreak of this respiratory disease led to the utilization of 3D scanning technology as a useful tool to detect and quantify COVID 19 virus
- In July 2020, the Artec Eva, a 3D scanner system by Artec, was used to make hyper-realistic dummies for Covid-19 medical training. Thus, by training on a silicon body, the practice has made possible via sophistication to achieved across 3D scanning technologies
- Furthermore, the 3D scanning technology is projected to significantly transform the healthcare sector, with the growing demand for the number of applications. The technology helps healthcare organizations advance their existing processes and efficiency.
- Growing Demand for 3D Printers
- Availability of Cost-Effective Alternatives
3D SCANNING MARKET: Key Segments
- The 3D Scanning Market is majorly segments into range, component, type, technology, product, application, and end-user.
- On the basis of range, the market is sub-segmented into short-range, medium-range and long-range.
- On the basis of components, the market is bifurcated into hardware, software, and service. The hardware segment is excepted to hold the largest market share, with the growing increasing demand for components for 3D scanners coupled with technological growth for imaging as well as for printing applications.
- On the basis of type, the market is divided into laser 3D scanners and structured light 3D scanners.
- On the basis of technology, the market is divided into laser triangulation, pattern fringe triangulation, laser phase-shift based, and laser pulse-based.
- On the basis of product, the market is bifurcated into tripod mounted, portable CMM based, fixed CMM based, and desktop.
- On the basis of application, the market is divided into reverse engineering, virtual simulation, quality control & inspection, and others.
- On the basis of end-user, the market is sub-segmented into automotive, construction, aerospace & defense, healthcare, and others. The automotive segment is projected to hold the largest market share in the forecast period, with the attributed to the dynamic solicitations of 3D scanning in material processing, and manufacturing applications.
3D SCANNING MARKET: Key Regions
On the basis of region, the market is divided into the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Americas accounted for the major market share, the United States is one of the most significant and major 3D scanning markets throughout the globe with the sector such as healthcare, aerospace and defense, 3D Digital Corporation, entertainment, and media, which will lead to boost the growth of the market in the region. However, Asia-Pacific is projected to grow at the fastest growth rate, as the region is projected to witness immense growth opportunities from the automotive as well as for the architectural sectors in the forecast period.
3D SCANNING MARKET: Report Scope
The report on the 3D scanning market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent, and current market trends. furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered, and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
2018 & 2019
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecast up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Range, Component, Type, Technology, Product, Application, and End-User
Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa
Key Companies Covered
- 3D Systems, Inc (Company Overview, Financial Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis, & Key Strategy)
- Capture 3D, Inc.
- Fuel3D Technologies
- Hexagon AB
- Maptek Pty Ltd
- Nikon Metrology NV
- Perceptron, Inc.
- TOPCON CORPORATION
- Trimble Inc
- Other Key Companies
3D SCANNING MARKET: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
3D Scanning Market, by Range
- Short Range
- Medium Range
- Long Range
3D Scanning Market, by Component
3D Scanning Market, by Type
- Laser 3D Scanners
- Structured Light 3D Scanners
3D Scanning Market, by Technology
- Laser Triangulation
- Pattern Fringe Triangulation
- LASER Phase-Shift Based
- LASER Pulse Based
3D Scanning Market, by Product
- Tripod Mounted
- Portable CMM Based
- Fixed CMM Based
3D Scanning Market, by Application
- Reverse Engineering
- Virtual Simulation
- Quality Control & Inspection
3D Scanning Market, by End-User
- Aerospace & Defense
3D Scanning Market, by Region
- North America
- Latin America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- 3D Scanning Market Providers
- 3D Scanning Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of 3D Scanning Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE 3D SCANNING MARKET STUDY