3D Printing Plastics Market: Summary
The Global 3D Printing Plastics Market is projected to reach around USD 3.5 billion in 2027 at a CAGR of around 19.8%.
Plastic is a material made up of synthetic or semi-synthetic compounds, that possesses the unique characteristic of malleability. Synthetic plastics are widely available in the market. Though, growing environmental concern regarding waste disposal, plastic produced from renewable materials such as polylactic acid (PLA) are also popular on the market. Plastic is a low cost, ease of manufacture, versatility and water resistance property make them used in 3D printing in various industries for manufacturing prototype and end-use products. For the conventional manufacturing 3D printing offers various types of thermoplastics and industrial materials. Plastics are commonly used in injection molding, now it developed to work thermoplastic 3D printing technologies like Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM).
3D Printing Plastics Market: Drivers & Restraint
- Growing Demand for 3D Printing Plastics from Automotive and Aerospace Industries
For the automotive and Aerospace industry advancement in additive manufacturing have helped them to newer, critical designs along with lighter, stronger, and safer products and reduced lead times well as reduced costs. Since the additive manufacturing technology developed for both the industries the OEM manufacturers and suppliers are using it for rapid prototyping. Furthermore, the technological advancement in additive manufacturing makes a strong case for its use in direct manufacturing and product innovation in the future. The production volume of the automotive industry is generally very high; thus, 3D printing plastics are predominantly used for prototyping solution rather than for end part manufacturing.
Thus, growing demand from the Automotive and Aerospace industry is expected to drive the 3D printing plastic market during the forecast period.
- Disposal of 3D Printed Plastic Products
Over the last few years, increasing plastic pollution has become a major environmental concern. This can be attributed to human dependency on plastic. Though, 3D printing environmentally friendly manufacturing technique and use only the amount of material they need by building objects layer by layer, it is a leading concern where plastic pollution is concerned. The technological advancement in 3D printers means that can produce in-house, lowering turnaround times and saving money. However, there are concerns that this could lead to an overall increase in the number of disposable products on the market.
Thus, the environmental concern regarding the disposal of 3D printing plastic product is expected to hamper the market growth up to a certain extent.
3D Printing Plastics Market: Key Segments
- By Resin Type: Photopolymers, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS), Polylactic Acid (PLA), Polyamide and Others.
- By Form: Filament, Liquid, and Powder
- By Application: Prototyping, and Manufacturing
- By End Use Industries: Automotive, Healthcare, Aerospace & Defense, and Electrical & Electronics
- Based on Region Covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
3D Printing Plastics Market: Report Scope
The report on the 3D Printing Plastics market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Billion), Volume (Tons)
Type, Form Application, and End Use Industries
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, South Africa
KEY Companies Covered
- 3D Systems Inc. (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Arkema S.A.
- Royal DSM
- Stratasys Ltd.
- Evonik Industries AG
- EOS GmbH
- CRP SERVICE S.r.l.
- Oxford Performance Materials
- Voxeljet AG
- Impossible Objects
- Other Key Companies
3D Printing Plastics Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
3D Printing Plastics Market, by Type
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
- Polylactic Acid (PLA)
3D Printing Plastics Market, by Form
3D Printing Plastics Market, by Application
3D Printing Plastics Market, by End Use Industries
- Aerospace & Defense
- Electrical & Electronics
3D Printing Plastics Market, by Region
- North America
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market globally and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market worldwide?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the world?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario globally?
- 3D Printing Plastics Market Providers
- 3D Printing Plastics Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of 3D Printing Plastics Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE 3D PRINTING PLASTICS MARKET STUDY