3D Printing in Healthcare Market: Summary
The Global 3D Printing in Healthcare Market is projected to reach a value of USD 4539.5 million by 2027 at a CAGR 19.9%.
3D printing alternatively termed as the additive manufacturing, which can be described as the process that creates a 3D structure through successive layers of raw material. It is rapidly used in the medical & healthcare sector owing to research-driven, fast moving and innovative nature of this sector. It is used in customized production of anatomical structures, implants, prosthetics, drugs and medical devices owing to superior benefits with 3D printing. The global 3D Printing in Healthcare market is driving on the grounds of increasing adoption of 3D printing in development of dental structures, pharmaceuticals, implants and anatomical model for education, research or for surgical planning. Growing demand of personalized medicine owing to higher benefits associated with it is fueling the market growth. Further, rise in demand for medical devices to offering higher disease diagnosis, treatment and enhance patient care, is boosting the 3D printing market in healthcare sector. However, high initial set-up cost along with Strict regulation on 3D printed medical devices hampers the market growth.
3D Printing in Healthcare Market: Market Dynamics
- Growing Demand for Personalized Medicine and Implants
- Use of 3D printing for designing and discovering implants specific for the patients for minimizing the procedure costs, reduce the surgical time, through optimizing the patient outcomes through proper biomechanical implant fit.
- It is also used in development of personalized medicine, which is growing treatment area involving drugs, its dosage and delivery
- Personalized medicine shifts the trend away from one size fit for all, creating demand for 3D printing for development of patient specific implants (PSI)
- 3D-Printed drugs can be personalized through combination of the drug combinations offering advantage to the patient population through automated dosage control and tailored drug release profiles
- According to the Personalized Medicine Coalition (PMC), in 2018, 42% of the total Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approvals were for personalized medicines, which represent constant increase since past years
- Owing to higher demand for personalized medicine and implant demand, the 3D printing in healthcare is growing at a significant pace
Source: Personalized Medicine Coalition (PMC)
- Various Advantages of 3D printing
- 3D printing is innovative method for construction or building of the 3D objects from the digital 3D model
- Some of the prominent benefits of the 3D printing includes rapid production, low cost, higher flexibility and better durability
- In healthcare sector, the 3D printing has emerged as the promising technique for rapidly creating prothetics, implants, medical devices, specific drugs, and changing the pre-surgical planning before performing surgical procedure.
- This leads to development of tailor made implants, and prosthetics for reducing trauma and promote recovery rate.
- Due to rapid outcomes, it is used by many medical device manufacturers for developing drugs as well as test drug delivery devices in rapid as well as cheaper manner
- 3D printing provides highly complex structures in relatively less cost with higher sterility, better customization in the rapid way
- Due to the aforementioned factors, the demand for 3D Printing in Healthcare is on rise
- Use of 3D printing for Development of Anatomical Models
- Expanding Application Areas
- Pre-Operative Surgical Planning Tools for Increasing Health Care Precision in Lesser Time and Cost
- Increasing Demand for Medical Devices
- High Set-Up Cost
- Strict Regulation By The Regulatory Approval Authorities On The 3D Printing Medical Devices
3D Printing in Healthcare Market: Key Segments
The Healthcare 3D Printing market is majorly segments into method, type and application.
- On the basis of method, the market is bifurcated into droplet deposition (DD), photopolymerization, laser beam melting, electronic beam melting (EBM) and laminated object manufacturing
- On the basis of Component, the market is segmented into hardware, material, software and service. Hardware is further segmented into bioprinters and 3D printers. Materials is further segmented into polymers, slurries and gels, metals, ceramics and biological materials. Polymers are again segmented into thermoplastics, resins and wax. Among materials, metals dominated the segment owing to excellent ability of the metals to design and fabricate in the desired structure or mimic organs on a miniature scale for meeting the need of the patient
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into Anatomical Model, Tissue and Organoids, Surgical Tools and Prosthetics and Implants. Tissues and Organoids is segmented into heart, cornea, ear, cartilage and others. Surgical Tools is further segmented into forceps, retractors, medical clamps, needle drivers, hemostats and others. Prosthetics are further segmented into Limb and Arms and Implants are classified into Cranial Implants, Dental Implants and Orthopedic Implants
3D Printing in Healthcare Market: Key Regions
On the basis of region, the market is divided into Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa. Americas accounted for the major market share owing to the presences of major manufacturers, increasing technological advancements, rising health expenditure per person, awareness among the orthodontist & patients and among others. However, Asia Pacific is projected grow at the fastest growth rate aimed to increasing prevalence of dental disease, growing demand for 3D Printing in Healthcare technology across the developing nations, rising investment by key manufacturers in the region and others.
3D Printing in Healthcare Market: Report Scope
The report on the 3D Printing in Healthcare market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecast up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Method, Component and Application
Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa
Key Companies Covered
- 3D Systems, Inc. (Company Overview, Financial Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis, & Key Strategy)
- 3T Additive Manufacturing Ltd.
- Carbon, Inc.
- GENERAL ELECTRIC
- Oxford Performance Materials
- Prodways Group
- Renishaw plc.
- Stratasys Ltd
- Other Key Companies
3D Printing in Healthcare Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
3D Printing in Healthcare Market, by Method
- Droplet Deposition (DD)
- Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) Technology
- Low-temperature Deposition Manufacturing (LDM)
- Multiphase Jet Solidification (MJS)
- Stereolithography (SLA)
- Continuous Liquid Interface Production (CLIP)
- Two-photon Polymerization (2PP)
- Laser Beam Melting
- Selective Laser Sintering (SLS)
- Selective Laser Melting (SLM)
- Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS)
- Electronic Beam Melting (EBM)
- Laminated Object Manufacturing
3D Printing in Healthcare Market, by Component
- Slurries and Gels
- Biological Materials
3D Printing in Healthcare Market, by Application
- Anatomic Model
- Tissue and Organoids
- Surgical Tools/ Medical Device
- Medical Clamps
- Needle Drivers
- Prosthetics & Implants
- Cranial Implants
- Dental Implants
- Orthopedic Implants
3D Printing in Healthcare Market, by Region
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- 3D Printing in Healthcare Market Providers
- 3D Printing in Healthcare Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of 3D Printing in Healthcare Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE 3D PRINTING IN HEALTHCARE MARKET STUDY