3D Printing Filament Market: Summary
The Global 3D Printing Filament Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 3.1 Million by 2027 at a CAGR of around 23.1%.
3D printing filaments are used to manufacture various 3D components for its application in the end-use industries. Its properties such as high strength, toughness, and flexibility have increased its use in aerospace, automobile, and healthcare industries. Some of the primary factors favoring the market growth for the 3D printing filament are increasing automobile production, growing adoption of renewable sources, and surge in demand for high-performance medical devices across the globe.
3D Printing Filament Market: Drivers & Challenges
- Rising Demand For 3D In Various End-User Industries
As the application of 3D printing is increasing in various industry, the need for advanced materials is high, resulting in the designing of new and innovative material by various 3D printing filament manufacturers. Demand for advanced 3D printing filament material is continuously rising in the end-use industries demanding quality coupled with high performance. Many 3D filament players are investing in developing 3D printing filament material with superior chemical, thermal, electrical, and performance to encounter the need for key end-use industries including defense, aerospace, and consumer goods. These factors are likely to spur the growth of the market
- Potential Health Hazards for Workers From 3d Printing Filaments
According to recent studies by the Illinois Institute of Technology, 3D printers emit 200 million to 200 billion tiny toxic particles per minute while processing the filament. These particles when inhaled can penetrate to the lungs, cause irritation, and can also reach the brain. The printers use elements such as nylon filament that emits caprolactam which can cause serious stomach, neurologic, and heart conditions. Some printers using ABS filament emit styrene which could cause cancer as well. ABS filaments produce more particulate emissions as compared to PLA; however, both filaments produce significant amounts of emissions that lead to health concerns. With wear and tear, the levels of ultrafine particles (UFPs) and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) produced in 3D printers increase, leading to various health hazards.
3D Printing Filament Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on type: Plastics, Metals, and Ceramics
- Segmentation based on End-Use Industry: Aerospace & Defense, Medical & Dental, Automotive, and Electronics
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
3D Printing Filament Market: Report Scope
The report on the 3D Printing Filament market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Type, End-Use Industry, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Stratasys Ltd. (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- 3D Systems Corporation
- Koninklijke DSM N.V.
- Materialise NV
- Evonik Industries AG
- Arkema SA
- Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC)
- DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
- BASF 3D Printing Solutions GmbH
- HP Inc.
- EOS GmbH - Electro Optical Systems
- Shenzhen Esun Industrial Co., Ltd.
- CRP Technology S.r.l.
- Oxford Performance Materials, Inc
- MG Chemicals
- Other Key Companies
3D Printing Filament Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
3D Printing Filament Market, by Type
3D Printing Filament Market, by End-Use industry
- Aerospace & Defense
- Medical & Dental
3D Printing Filament Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- 3D Printing Filament Market Providers
- 3D Printing Filament Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of 3D Printing Filament Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE 3D PRINTING FILAMENT MARKET STUDY