3D CONCRETE PRINTING MARKET: Summary
The Global 3D Concrete Printing Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 1.6 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 15.8%.
3D concrete printing refers to various technologies that use 3D printing as a core to the method for fabrication buildings or construction components. Architects and city planners have been using 3D printers to create a model of the layout or shape of a building for many years. There are already prototype of printer systems that use concrete and other more specialized materials to create a structure similar to a small house. The goal is the replace many cranes and even construction workers with these printing systems. They would work by using the 3D design model created on CAD software, to create a layer by layer pattern on the building just as a normal 3D printer works today. Most of the innovation in this area will have to come from the creation of the appropriate materials.
3D CONCRETE PRINTING MARKET: Drivers & CHALLENGES
- Increasing Infrastructure Development and Construction Activities
According to the United States Census Bureau, the construction spending in September 2019 was USD 1,301.8 billion. Ongoing construction activities coupled with construction spending is expected to drive the growth of the 3D concrete printing market across the globe. This was attributed to the benefits offered by 3D concrete printing such as optimization of material consumption, growth in productivity, maintained quality, reduced construction waste, and others. Thus, these factors are expected to propel the 3D printing concrete market in the near future.
- Increasing Focus to Make Housing Affordable
In construction industry, today 3D concrete printing is becoming more popular owing to the benefits offered the printers such as faster construction, increasing design ability, cost savings, and others. 3D concrete printing technology is used in construction of bridges, houses, cabins, offices, pavilions, large-scale structures, shelters, and more. 3D concrete printing enables manufacturers and building companies to utilize pre-designed concrete components for construction projects, which saves time, money and labor in the process. Thus, 3D concrete printing has helped in reduction of construction cost, expected to boost the growth of market.
- High Initial Investment and Required Maintenance Expertise
3D printing technology is mainly used for rapid prototyping and mass customization process. Moreover, rapid prototyping and mass customization are expected to become a need for various end-user industries such as healthcare, automotive, aerospace & defense, consumer electronics, and consumer goods. Precision, speed, accuracy, and others are some of the features offered by 3D printing. Owing to these features, costs incurred initially are higher. Application of 3D concrete printing in construction requires accuracy and precision, and are of greater importance. However, industrial 3D printers take up more space as compared to desktop 3D printers. Thus, an initial investment that is required for industrial 3D printers will be high during the forecast period. Moreover, the maintenance cost required for the same is high.
3D Concrete Printing market: Key segments
- On basis of technique: Extrusion, Powder Bonding, and Additive Welding
- Based on concrete type: Ready-mix Concrete, Shotcrete, Precast Concrete, High-density Concrete, and Others
- Based on product type: Walls, Floor, Staircase, and Others
- Segmentation based on end-users: Commercial, and Residential.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
3D Concrete Printing MARKET: Report SCOPE
The report on the 3D concrete printing market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million), Volume (Unit)
Technique, Concrete Type, Product Type, and End-users
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South Africa
KEY Companies Covered
- Sika AG (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Yingchuang Building Technique（Shanghai）Co.Ltd. (WinSun)
- Skanska UK Plc,
- Balfour Beatty
- Foster + Partners
- CyBe Construction
- Monolite UK
- HEIDELBERGCEMENT AG
- Other Key Companies
3D Concrete Printing MARKET: report segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
3D Concrete Printing Market, by Technique
- Powder Bonding
- Additive Welding
3D Concrete Printing Market, by Concrete Type
- Ready -mix Concrete
- Precast Concrete
- High-density Concrete
3D Concrete Printing Market, by Product Type
3D Concrete Printing Market, by End Use
3D Concrete Printing Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- 3D Concrete Printing Market Providers
- 3D Concrete Printing Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of 3D Concrete Printing Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE 3D CONCRETE PRINTING MARKET STUDY